PDA

View Full Version : Marfa, Texas Soaring Photos Request

Burt Compton - Marfa
August 22nd 07, 04:11 PM
Wanted: PHOTOS from the Marfa, Texas soaring camps and contests of
the 1960's & 1970's to copy. Will also consider purchase however
your donation to the archives would be appreciated.

Dedication of Marfa as a National Landmark of Soaring will be at noon
on April 5, 2008, during our annual Wave Camp (March 29 - April 5,
2008).

George Moffat will be the guest speaker at our reunion / banquet.
Info at www.flygliders.com Click on "Landmark" button.

Contact Burt Compton, PO Box 516, Marfa, TX 79843 USA
Call 800-667-9464 or email

Burt Compton - Marfa
September 5th 07, 01:50 PM
Jackpot! I have been given 3 small Kodak film reels labeled "Marfa
Soaring 1970". How do I figure out if they are 8mm or Super 8? Not
marked on the reel. Also labeled "Kid's birthday party" so I want to
look at the film first.

I want to have these transfered to digital format and give one copy to
the National Soaring Museum. Anyone have a receommendation for a
transfer service in the USA? Are any of our SSA members in this
business of transfering film or slides to digital?

Dedication of Marfa as a National Landmark of Soaring by the National
Soaring Museum will be April 4 and 5, 2008. George Moffat will
return to the site of his winning the 1969 US Nationals and 1970
Worlds to be our guest speaker at the reunion / banquet.

More info at www.flygliders.com Click on "Landmark" button.

Burt Compton
Marfa, west Texas USA

Google