PDA

View Full Version : Snakes On A Plane

Mitchell Holman[_2_]
August 28th 07, 12:38 AM
BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) - You've heard of the movie "Snakes
on a Plane, right?" Well, it was no movie moment for a
Mississippi pilot who discovered a snake on a recent flight.
Doctor Ed Carruth was flying in a one-seat plane when he
felt something "licking" his arm. His guest was a gray rat
snake. Carruth says once he and the snake both got their
bearings, they came to an agreement to not bother each other.
The snake then slithered to the back of the plane. When
Carruth arrived at his destination, airport officials called
a snake expert to locate the stowaway and remove it from the
airplane. The snake was released into the wild.

http://www.fox12news.com/Global/story.asp?S=279984&nav=menu439_2_4

Andrew-S
August 28th 07, 07:33 AM
Snakes are fine... Don't really like them but I can deal with them.
Spiders....
Well the one word that goes thru my mind is " EJECT!!!" I don't care if
there isn't an ejection handle I am gone. Funny how as I have got older
that once minor nervousness has become more of a true phobia...

Andrew

"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message

> BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) - You've heard of the movie "Snakes
> on a Plane, right?" Well, it was no movie moment for a
> Mississippi pilot who discovered a snake on a recent flight.
> Doctor Ed Carruth was flying in a one-seat plane when he
> felt something "licking" his arm. His guest was a gray rat
> snake. Carruth says once he and the snake both got their
> bearings, they came to an agreement to not bother each other.
> The snake then slithered to the back of the plane. When
> Carruth arrived at his destination, airport officials called
> a snake expert to locate the stowaway and remove it from the
> airplane. The snake was released into the wild.
>
> http://www.fox12news.com/Global/story.asp?S=279984&nav=menu439_2_4

John Szalay
August 28th 07, 07:34 PM
Mitchell Holman > wrote in
:

> BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) - You've heard of the movie "Snakes
> on a Plane, right?" Well, it was no movie moment for a
> Mississippi pilot who discovered a snake on a recent flight.
> Doctor Ed Carruth was flying in a one-seat plane when he
> felt something "licking" his arm. His guest was a gray rat
> snake. Carruth says once he and the snake both got their
> bearings, they came to an agreement to not bother each other.
> The snake then slithered to the back of the plane. When
> Carruth arrived at his destination, airport officials called
> a snake expert to locate the stowaway and remove it from the
> airplane. The snake was released into the wild.
>
> http://www.fox12news.com/Global/story.asp?S=279984&nav=menu439_2_4

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/08/12/snakes.plane.ap/index.html

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- It was very nearly a real-life version of "Snakes
on a Plane."

A man was stopped at Cairo's airport just moments before he boarded a
Saudi Arabia-bound plane with carry-on bags filled with live snakes, as
well as a few baby crocodiles and chameleons.

Security officials became suspicious of the 22-year-old Saudi man's bags
when the X-ray machine at the departure gate gave odd readings. Police
said they opened the bags and found a large number of reptiles,
including at least one cobra, squirming to escape.

The animals were confiscated and turned over to the Cairo Zoo and the
man was allowed to board his flight home.

Transporting live reptiles out of the country is illegal in Egypt, but
the passenger said he was unaware of the ban and that the snakes,
crocodiles and chameleons were needed by a Saudi university for
scientific experiments, police said.

In May, another Saudi man was caught at the Cairo airport carrying 700
live snakes in his carry-on luggage. He told authorities that snakes
were often kept in Saudi Arabia by storekeepers in glass jars or used as
pets

§qu@re Wheels[_4_]
August 29th 07, 10:35 AM
Sorry, I can't resist....

This film is highly unusual in that it is a rare case where a film which
is basically a parody has inspired parodies of itself.

So, fasten your snakebelts, put the trays up and behold:

2 parodies
1 web-based marketing ploy
1 after all the sequels have been made, the 'reloaded' version

Google