PDA

View Full Version : Dust Devil Dash [US]

Ian Cant
September 3rd 07, 03:13 PM
Next Saturday, 8 September, will see the 23rd annual
Dust Devil Dash from Tehachapi CA. The straight-out,
free-distance handicapped contest has been won in the
past by Nimbi as well as an LK-10, 1-26's and most
anything in between. Open to all, you will need a
glider and a retrieve crew and the determination to
enjoy yourself.

Registration [$10] at Mountain Valley gliderport on
Saturday morning, pilots' meeting at 10:00. If you
need directions, e-mail me or call me at 661-821-6609

Weather for the last week has been 1000K plus [look
at OLC], no guarantees for next week but looks promising.
Come fly the Sierras or the desert or both, enjoy
our valley as well.

See y'all there,

Ian

Oscar S Alonso[_2_]
September 9th 07, 02:27 PM
Please post results of the contest.

On 2007-09-03 07:13:45 -0700, Ian Cant
> said:

> Next Saturday, 8 September, will see the 23rd annual
> Dust Devil Dash from Tehachapi CA. The straight-out,
> free-distance handicapped contest has been won in the
> past by Nimbi as well as an LK-10, 1-26's and most
> anything in between. Open to all, you will need a
> glider and a retrieve crew and the determination to
> enjoy yourself.
>
> Registration [$10] at Mountain Valley gliderport on
> Saturday morning, pilots' meeting at 10:00. If you
> need directions, e-mail me or call me at 661-821-6609
>
> Weather for the last week has been 1000K plus [look
> at OLC], no guarantees for next week but looks promising.
> Come fly the Sierras or the desert or both, enjoy
> our valley as well.
>
> See y'all there,
>
> Ian

Greg Arnold
September 15th 07, 02:50 AM
Oscar S Alonso wrote:
> Please post results of the contest.

Doug Levy won this handicapped contest in his 1-26 (straight out flight
of 384 km kilometers), with Cindy Brickner second in an ASW-27 (straight
out flight of 679 km kilometers). Their flights, as well as most of
the others, are on OLC for September 8.

> On 2007-09-03 07:13:45 -0700, Ian Cant
> > said:
>
>> Next Saturday, 8 September, will see the 23rd annual
>> Dust Devil Dash from Tehachapi CA. The straight-out,
>> free-distance handicapped contest has been won in the
>> past by Nimbi as well as an LK-10, 1-26's and most
>> anything in between. Open to all, you will need a
>> glider and a retrieve crew and the determination to
>> enjoy yourself.
>>
>> Registration [$10] at Mountain Valley gliderport on
>> Saturday morning, pilots' meeting at 10:00. If you
>> need directions, e-mail me or call me at 661-821-6609
>>
>> Weather for the last week has been 1000K plus [look
>> at OLC], no guarantees for next week but looks promising.
>> Come fly the Sierras or the desert or both, enjoy
>> our valley as well.
>>
>> See y'all there,
>>
>> Ian

Google