PDA

View Full Version : Soaring for charity - another way to give us some publicity

5Z
September 5th 07, 04:15 PM
A group of employees at my company are participating in an evening
walk to raise funds and awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma
Society. Each of us has set up a website through the group to collect
donations, so I thought it would be a great way to also promote
soaring. I'm asking folks to make a donation based on the OLC
kilometers I fly this coming Saturday.

The website is http://www.active.com/donate/ltnDenver/2163_tserkowskiLTN

This seems like it could be a great way for others in our sport to
raise awareness of soaring in their local community while helping
raise funds for their favorite charity.

-Tom

September 5th 07, 05:01 PM
On Sep 5, 10:15 am, 5Z > wrote:
> A group of employees at my company are participating in an evening
> walk to raise funds and awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma
> Society. Each of us has set up a website through the group to collect
> donations, so I thought it would be a great way to also promote
> soaring. I'm asking folks to make a donation based on the OLC
> kilometers I fly this coming Saturday.
>
> The website ishttp://www.active.com/donate/ltnDenver/2163_tserkowskiLTN
>
> This seems like it could be a great way for others in our sport to
> raise awareness of soaring in their local community while helping
> raise funds for their favorite charity.
>
> -Tom

excellent idea!

5Z
September 12th 07, 04:37 PM
On Sep 5, 9:15 am, 5Z > wrote:
> A group of employees at my company are participating in an evening
> walk to raise funds and awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma
> Society. Each of us has set up a website through the group to collect
> donations, so I thought it would be a great way to also promote
> soaring. I'm asking folks to make a donation based on the OLC
> kilometers I fly this coming Saturday.
>
> The website ishttp://www.active.com/donate/ltnDenver/2163_tserkowskiLTN

Well, I flew 519 km last Saturday. So now it's time to donate! Even
$5.19 multiplied by just a fraction of RASers will do a lot of good.
So far, I haven't seen too many familiar names from RAS on the
contributors list :)

Thanks for helping!

-Tom

September 14th 07, 03:44 AM
On Sep 12, 8:37 am, 5Z > wrote:
> On Sep 5, 9:15 am, 5Z > wrote:
>
> > A group of employees at my company are participating in an evening
> > walk to raise funds and awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma
> > Society. Each of us has set up a website through the group to collect
> > donations, so I thought it would be a great way to also promote
> > soaring. I'm asking folks to make a donation based on the OLC
> > kilometers I fly this coming Saturday.
>
> > The website ishttp://www.active.com/donate/ltnDenver/2163_tserkowskiLTN
>
> Well, I flew 519 km last Saturday. So now it's time to donate! Even
> $5.19 multiplied by just a fraction of RASers will do a lot of good.
> So far, I haven't seen too many familiar names from RAS on the
> contributors list :)
>
> Thanks for helping!
>
> -Tom

Tom,
Thanks for doing this. I had leukemia (AML) in 2005. Thanks to a
stem cell transplant from my sister I'm fine today.
Steve Z5

Google