PDA

View Full Version : New iPAQ 210

Paul Remde
September 6th 07, 07:17 PM
Hi,

A few customers just clued me in about the upcoming new iPAQ 200 Series. It
looks like an excellent replacement for the iPAQ hx4700. The only question
is whether or not the "24 pin connector" is the same as used on previous
iPAQs and whether or not it has an RS-232 serial port. I hope it does.

You can see details here:
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2007/mobility/
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2007/yourlifeistheshow/ds_ipaq200.pdf
http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/storefronts/handhelds/1/storefronts/FB041AA%2523ABA;HHOJSID=0XMVGgDf08qh2FpKb2mhGzTyR0 Mn6xKMQ60GT5D7nwrLmxS7VJqT!-973312366
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12781_na/12781_na.HTML

Let me know if you find out anything about RS-232 serial communications.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Tuno
September 6th 07, 07:45 PM
The datasheet says it has USB -- not "USB Client", as it says for the
100 series -- so it may be a candidate for a USB-serial adapter. The
SDIO should also offer possibilities for a -232 interface.

September 7th 07, 05:05 PM
Checking the HP data, the legacy PDA's (such as my 3970 and 5150)
appear to use a "22 pin connector". So it's possible that the 210
uses a new ("24-pin") connector.

Sure would be cool to use the mini-USB.

Kirk

Google