PDA

View Full Version : Outlanding receptions

bagmaker
September 6th 07, 11:07 PM
Interesting range of veiws here, on a pommy forum.

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1187973359

Fly safe, land safe and make friends.

A sad week

Bagger

Alistair Wright
September 10th 07, 11:52 PM
"bagmaker" > wrote in message

> Interesting range of veiws here, on a pommy forum.
>
> http://farmingforum.co.uk/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1187973359
>
> Fly safe, land safe and make friends.
>
> A sad week
>
> Bagger

I did most of my crosscountries in the 70s when there were probably fewer of
us flying, and often not as far, in our wooden ships. I never encountered
anything other than helpfulness from the various farmers in whose fields I
landed. My first move was *always* to apologise for landing on the farmer's
valuable field. This invariably disarmed any adverse feelings. I was always
invited to have tea with them at the farmhouse and on one famous occasion I
got invited to a 21st birthday party going on in the farmhouse. My retrieve
crew said I was feeling no pain at all by the time they reached me! I always
invited the landee (?) to sit in the glider and visit our club and have a
free two seater trip. Some actually turned up, and two of them took up
gliding as a result. Very handy, as they owned nearby farms with nice big
fields. I think the majority of British farmers are NOT represented by the
views in that forum. I can't speak for today's pilots, of course, who may
not be as mannerly as we were.

Alistair W
Scotland

Google