PDA

View Full Version : Help connecting widows Vista to Compaq 1520

September 8th 07, 01:10 PM
Does anyone have a way for Widows Vista in a new laptop to communicate
with a 1520? My Active Synch program does not work.

Thanks

Kurt

September 8th 07, 03:40 PM
On Sep 8, 5:10 am, wrote:
> Does anyone have a way for Widows Vista in a new laptop to communicate
> with a 1520? My Active Synch program does not work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kurt

You can tell your Vista program (in setup) to use the old system for
the xp programs

FZ
September 10th 07, 12:48 AM
On Sep 8, 8:10 am, wrote:
> Does anyone have a way for Widows Vista in a new laptop to communicate
> with a 1520? My Active Synch program does not work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kurt

Hi Kurt,

You have to start from basic troubleshooting to find out where is
problem.
This is what I would do first:
1. Disconnect all usb and serial devices exept your pda.
2. In ActiveSync software go to file>connection settings.... select
real phisical connection.
3. Reset your PDA (small push-botton in back[ sometimes software hangs
serial port on PDA itself, therefore pc can't communicate.)]
4. Don't know how you connecting to pc, but make sure there is no com
port sharing problem (like mouse feels funky etc...)

Good Luck.
Rob.

stevelup
September 10th 07, 11:22 AM
On Sep 8, 1:10 pm, wrote:
> Does anyone have a way for Widows Vista in a new laptop to communicate
> with a 1520? My Active Synch program does not work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kurt

Hi

Activesync has been replaced by "Windows Mobile Device Center(sic)" in
Vista.

It can be downloaded here:-

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx

Regards,