PDA

View Full Version : SAS crash

Peter DK
September 9th 07, 07:12 PM
A Dash-Q400 crash at landing at Aalborg airport, Denmark today.

The plane had problems with the landing gear and made a safty landing, but
the landing gear collapesd.

There were no casultaies.

See video here:

http://www.dr.dk/NETTV/Update/2007/09/09/09180004.htm

Peter

Lonnie[_2_]
September 10th 07, 02:01 AM
Turboprop can chew up some runway, huh? Wow! That hurt just to see the 2nd
photo!

Lonnie
"Peter DK" <popeye(snabel)mail.tele.dk> wrote in message
k...
>A Dash-Q400 crash at landing at Aalborg airport, Denmark today.
>
> The plane had problems with the landing gear and made a safty landing, but
> the landing gear collapesd.
>
> There were no casultaies.
>
> See video here:
>
> http://www.dr.dk/NETTV/Update/2007/09/09/09180004.htm
>
> Peter

TAP
September 10th 07, 07:16 AM
Dear Peter.
Why did you call it a crash?

I saw it as a controlled emrgencylanding, where crew knew what was going to
happen.
To me, a crash is an ucontrolable contact to the ground?

Am i wrong?

/Thomas

September 10th 07, 07:52 AM
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:16:15 +0200, "TAP" > wrote:

>Dear Peter.
>Why did you call it a crash?
>
>I saw it as a controlled emrgencylanding, where crew knew what was going to
>happen.
>To me, a crash is an ucontrolable contact to the ground?
>
>Am i wrong?
>
>/Thomas

negative

Scubabix
September 11th 07, 03:30 AM
"TAP" > wrote in message
k...
> Dear Peter.
> Why did you call it a crash?
>
> I saw it as a controlled emrgencylanding, where crew knew what was going
> to happen.
> To me, a crash is an ucontrolable contact to the ground?
>
> Am i wrong?
>
> /Thomas
Once the landing gear collapsed, it became an uncontrollable contact with
the ground. An Emergency landing is just that, a landing resulting from an
emergency. If the aircraft is damaged, I think it's safe to call it a
crash.
Rob

TAP
September 11th 07, 08:54 PM
Thanks for both oppinions
the aircraft is damaged, I think it's safe to call it a
> crash.
> Rob

Thanks for both opinions.

/Thomas