PDA

View Full Version : issue of Soaring Magazine from 1957

September 9th 07, 08:26 PM
I am looking for copy of Soaring Magazine from 1957. It would be an
issue from late in the year with an article about a fatal glider
crash. The pilot was Stanley Graham and the flight was out of El
Mirage in a Baby Bowlus. The crash occurred in late August 1957.

Thank you,
Richard Graham

raulb
September 9th 07, 11:45 PM
I have scanned the Soaring index and the only 1957 accident I find is
in the May-June 1958 issue. Unfortunately that issue is missing from
my collection, but I doubt it would have been the one you are looking
for.

However, I believe that I have some photographs of the accident taken
by Warren Watson.

On Sep 9, 12:26 pm, wrote:
> I am looking for copy of Soaring Magazine from 1957. It would be an
> issue from late in the year with an article about a fatal glider
> crash. The pilot was Stanley Graham and the flight was out of El
> Mirage in a Baby Bowlus. The crash occurred in late August 1957.
>
> Thank you,
> Richard Graham

September 10th 07, 03:25 AM
On Sep 9, 3:26 pm, wrote:
> I am looking for copy of Soaring Magazine from 1957. It would be an
> issue from late in the year with an article about a fatal glider
> crash. The pilot was Stanley Graham and the flight was out of El
> Mirage in a Baby Bowlus. The crash occurred in late August 1957.
>
> Thank you,
> Richard Graham

Richard, I have the magazine. I would be happy to send you the page.
If you have a strong preference for the whole magazine I'll send it,
otherwise I'd like to keep my pre-war collection in-tact. Best cheers
for the 50'th. Regards, Peter Krasnoff (ACA) Princeton, NJ

September 10th 07, 03:29 AM
On Sep 9, 3:26 pm, wrote:
> I am looking for copy of Soaring Magazine from 1957. It would be an
> issue from late in the year with an article about a fatal glider
> crash. The pilot was Stanley Graham and the flight was out of El
> Mirage in a Baby Bowlus. The crash occurred in late August 1957.
>
> Thank you,
> Richard Graham

PS: it is in the Sept/Oct 1957 issue p.17. A Dragontross - Baby
Albatross with Nelson Dragonfly wings.

Google