PDA

View Full Version : Hangars - Horton Stack Doors?

V1
September 15th 07, 07:47 PM
I'm considering Horton Stack doors (the type that fan-fold to the
side) for a hangar. One question is the expected lifespan of the
fiberglass panels.

If anyone has direct knowledge of this brand in actual use over an
extended time, I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

- Frank

Newps
September 15th 07, 09:07 PM
A terrible door for snow country.

V1 wrote:

> I'm considering Horton Stack doors (the type that fan-fold to the
> side) for a hangar. One question is the expected lifespan of the
> fiberglass panels.
>
> If anyone has direct knowledge of this brand in actual use over an
> extended time, I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
>
> - Frank

Kyle Boatright
September 15th 07, 09:17 PM
"Newps" > wrote in message
. ..
>A terrible door for snow country.

I can guess, but just in case I lose my mind and move north one day, go
ahead and explain why these doors are bad in snow.

KB

Ron Natalie
September 15th 07, 10:51 PM
Kyle Boatright wrote:
> "Newps" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> A terrible door for snow country.
>>

> I can guess, but just in case I lose my mind and move north one day, go
> ahead and explain why these doors are bad in snow.

Because you need to clear the snow from in front of them so they can
fold. An overhead bifold or even a roll up door doesn't

Newps
September 15th 07, 11:08 PM
Kyle Boatright wrote:

> "Newps" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>A terrible door for snow country.
>>

> I can guess, but just in case I lose my mind and move north one day, go
> ahead and explain why these doors are bad in snow.

The doors fold outward before they fold up against the hangar. Any more
than a few inches on the ground and you'll have to clear quite a wide path.

Google