PDA

View Full Version : Knowlwdge test Sign offs

September 16th 07, 08:35 AM
Just been checking the latest FAA knowledge testing requirement matrix
to see what the sign off requirements are for the instructors tests.
I was surprised to see that non off them require any formal sign off,
even the FOI.

So it is a case of turning up at the test center on day and cracking
out all the exams wanted.

john hawkins
September 16th 07, 08:45 PM
yup and $90 each test.
I guess sport pilots are just so stupid they j have to be protected from
themselves

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just been checking the latest FAA knowledge testing requirement matrix
> to see what the sign off requirements are for the instructors tests.
> I was surprised to see that non off them require any formal sign off,
> even the FOI.
>
> So it is a case of turning up at the test center on day and cracking
> out all the exams wanted.

Robert M. Gary
September 17th 07, 04:55 AM
On Sep 16, 12:45 pm, "john hawkins" >
wrote:
> yup and $90 each test.
> I guess sport pilots are just so stupid they j have to be protected from
> themselves

It has nothing to do with sport pilots, all CFI rating knowledge tests
can be taken w/o a sign off. Technically the FOI requires a sign off
if you are taking it for the purpose of CFI but not if you are taking
it for the purpose of (B/A/I)GI. Testing centers were understandably
confused so the FAA sent out a notice confirming that no sign off is
required for FOI.

-Robert

Dallas
September 19th 07, 07:07 AM
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 03:55:48 -0000, Robert M. Gary wrote:

> Technically the FOI requires a sign off

Ok... I give up.. dumb question... what is the FOI?

--
Dallas

Allen[_1_]
September 19th 07, 12:42 PM
"Dallas" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 03:55:48 -0000, Robert M. Gary wrote:
>
> > Technically the FOI requires a sign off
>
> Ok... I give up.. dumb question... what is the FOI?
>
> --
> Dallas

"Fundamentals of Instructing", an FAA knowledge test, basically on the human
learning process. Must be passed before you receive the "Flight Instructor"
certificate.

--
*H. Allen Smith*
WACO - We are all here, because we are not all there.

John Godwin
September 19th 07, 08:04 PM
"Allen" > wrote in
t:

> "Fundamentals of Instructing", an FAA knowledge test, basically on
> the human learning process. Must be passed before you receive the
> "Flight Instructor" certificate.

....or Ground Instructor.

--

Barry C
September 19th 07, 11:59 PM

The FOI must be passed provided the requirements haven't been met in
another way (like being a certified teacher in the state). Since my a
certified teacher in this state, my FOI requirement was already met
without taking the FOI exam.

Barry
CFI-candidate

Allen wrote:

> "Dallas" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 03:55:48 -0000, Robert M. Gary wrote:
> >
> > > Technically the FOI requires a sign off
> >
> > Ok... I give up.. dumb question... what is the FOI?
> >
> > --
> > Dallas
>
> "Fundamentals of Instructing", an FAA knowledge test, basically on
> the human learning process. Must be passed before you receive the
> "Flight Instructor" certificate.

--

Google