PDA

View Full Version : Lefty Gardner, White Lightnin's future?

Ricky
September 24th 07, 11:23 PM
So I've read about the accident and the sale of the P-38 to Red Bull
but I couldn't find any recent updates as far as the restoration and
future of this wonderful aircraft.
Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction to read about
what's going on right now with White Lightnin?

Ricky

Martin X. Moleski, SJ
September 25th 07, 12:40 AM
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:23:58 -0700, Ricky > wrote in
om>:

>So I've read about the accident and the sale of the P-38 to Red Bull
>but I couldn't find any recent updates as far as the restoration and
>future of this wonderful aircraft.

>Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction to read about
>what's going on right now with White Lightnin?

http://p38assn.org/white-light.htm

From there, you get here:

http://p38assn.org/surviving.htm

And that connects us to:

http://www.ezellaviation.com/p38.htm

Which has a multitude of pages about the three-year restoration
project.

Looks like that thing is in good hands.

Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

Denny
September 25th 07, 12:35 PM
On Sep 24, 7:40 pm, "Martin X. Moleski, SJ" >
wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:23:58 -0700, Ricky > wrote in
> om>:
>
> >So I've read about the accident and the sale of the P-38 to Red Bull
> >but I couldn't find any recent updates as far as the restoration and
> >future of this wonderful aircraft.
> >Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction to read about
> >what's going on right now with White Lightnin?
>
> http://p38assn.org/white-light.htm
>
> From there, you get here:
>
> http://p38assn.org/surviving.htm
>
> And that connects us to:
>
> http://www.ezellaviation.com/p38.htm
>
> Which has a multitude of pages about the three-year restoration
> project.
>
> Looks like that thing is in good hands.
>
> Marty
> --
> Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
> Seehttp://www.big-8.orgfor info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

Reminiscent of Glacier Girl... At least the data plate is original...

denny

Google