PDA

View Full Version : Random data from a Cessna Pilots Ass'n. forum, etc.

Dan Luke[_2_]
October 2nd 07, 09:07 PM
================

"I spoke with Steve Knopp, owner of Pponk http://www.pponk.com/ this morning.
He commented that business was a bit slow and he had two complete engines
sitting on the floor waiting for any customer that wishes an exchange engine.
Now might be a good time to nab one."

"As an aside, I asked why business was slow for him. He replied that nearby
Paine Field, a rather large G.A. airport, http://www.painefield.com/ had
reported that take-offs and landings were down 35% compared to the previous
year. If guys aren't flying much they don't need new engines. Anyway, that is
his thinking."

=================

I took my airplane to Teledyne Continental's shop this morning to have the
prop dynamically balanced. When I called them yesterday to ask when they
could get to it, the foreman told me "Bring it on in; we don't have much
going on."

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Montblack
October 2nd 07, 09:55 PM
("Dan Luke" wrote)
> ...reported that take-offs and landings were down 35% compared to the
> previous year.

On top of the year before that...

(and)

On top of the year before that...

(and)

On top of the year before that...

(and)

On top of the year before that...

Montblack
I seldom go to my local airport, just to watch planes taking off and
landing, anymore - there's too little activity. Sad.

October 2nd 07, 11:04 PM
On Oct 2, 2:07 pm, "Dan Luke" > wrote:
> ================
>
> "I spoke with Steve Knopp, owner of Pponkhttp://www.pponk.com/this morning.
> He commented that business was a bit slow and he had two complete engines
> sitting on the floor waiting for any customer that wishes an exchange engine.
> Now might be a good time to nab one."
>
> "As an aside, I asked why business was slow for him. He replied that nearby
> Paine Field, a rather large G.A. airport,http://www.painefield.com/had
> reported that take-offs and landings were down 35% compared to the previous
> year. If guys aren't flying much they don't need new engines. Anyway, that is
> his thinking."
>
> =================
>
> I took my airplane to Teledyne Continental's shop this morning to have the
> prop dynamically balanced. When I called them yesterday to ask when they
> could get to it, the foreman told me "Bring it on in; we don't have much
> going on."
>
> --
> Dan
> T-182T at BFM

100LL consumption statistics
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mgaupus1m.htm

Ross
October 3rd 07, 04:23 PM
wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2:07 pm, "Dan Luke" > wrote:
>
>>================
>>
>>"I spoke with Steve Knopp, owner of Pponkhttp://www.pponk.com/this morning.
>>He commented that business was a bit slow and he had two complete engines
>>sitting on the floor waiting for any customer that wishes an exchange engine.
>>Now might be a good time to nab one."
>>
>>"As an aside, I asked why business was slow for him. He replied that nearby
>>Paine Field, a rather large G.A. airport,http://www.painefield.com/had
>>reported that take-offs and landings were down 35% compared to the previous
>>year. If guys aren't flying much they don't need new engines. Anyway, that is
>>his thinking."
>>
>>=================
>>
>>I took my airplane to Teledyne Continental's shop this morning to have the
>>prop dynamically balanced. When I called them yesterday to ask when they
>>could get to it, the foreman told me "Bring it on in; we don't have much
>>going on."
>>
>>--
>>Dan
>>T-182T at BFM
>

> 100LL consumption statistics
> http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mgaupus1m.htm

that the supply is been coming down.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Kloudy via AviationKB.com
October 3rd 07, 06:04 PM
Ross wrote:
>>>================
>>>
>[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]
>> 100LL consumption statistics
>> http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mgaupus1m.htm

>that the supply is been coming down.

or you could click on the "annual" radio button on the website.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mgaupus1A.htm

Ross
October 3rd 07, 08:19 PM
Kloudy via AviationKB.com wrote:

>>[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]
>>
>>>100LL consumption statistics
>>>http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mgaupus1m.htm

>>that the supply is been coming down.
>>

> or you could click on the "annual" radio button on the website.
>
> http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mgaupus1A.htm

Dang!!!! I didn't catch that. How simple. I am ashamed that I didn't see
that. We all need to start flying more to bring up the demand....

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Google