PDA

View Full Version : PH-GRD braking through the clouds. smaller file AND yEnc-ed - 1 attachment

Bert-Jan[_5_]
October 2nd 07, 07:50 PM
--
Cheers,

Bert-Jan

Bert-Jan[_5_]
October 3rd 07, 10:23 PM
Herman,

We've been down that yEnc-road before.

As you can se I have (at least tried to) post in yEnc and NON-yEnc. So
there was something for the user of both.

Tuomas has been awfully kind to resize and repost the picture for me so
every body can enjoy it.
I hope you liked it.

Cheers,

Bert-Jan

Luke
October 4th 07, 12:04 AM
"Bert-Jan" > wrote in message
> Herman,
>
> As you can se I have (at least tried to) post in yEnc and NON-yEnc. So
> there was something for the user of both.

Uneccesssary duplication. Those that can see yEnc, can also see UUE,
but those that can't see yEnc, simply can't see yEnc. Posting ONCE in UUE
means that everyone can see the post the first time.

Luke

Bob Harrington
October 6th 07, 12:24 AM
"Herman" > wrote in
:

> yEnc is a despicable method of posting files and should carry heavy
> punishment.
> If you want to downsize AND post a useful picture use the
> earlier-mentioned IrfanView. It allows downsizing in a simple menu.
>
> Regards,
> Herman

And what would be the sentence for those who ~repost~ the entire, now broken
yEnc code...? ;^}

Herman
October 6th 07, 08:26 PM
Woops; slip of the key caused by yEnc rash. I told you it was bad !-)

Regards,
Herman

"Bob Harrington" > schreef in bericht
> "Herman" > wrote in
> :
>
>> yEnc is a despicable method of posting files and should carry heavy
>> punishment.
>> If you want to downsize AND post a useful picture use the
>> earlier-mentioned IrfanView. It allows downsizing in a simple menu.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Herman
>
> And what would be the sentence for those who ~repost~ the entire, now
> broken
> yEnc code...? ;^}

Herman
October 6th 07, 08:30 PM
Let's not repeat this tiresome discussion for the 101st time.
If you like yEnc start a newsgroup for people who like their pictures
encoded.
If you don't want to start a separate newsgroup then post your pictures in
such a way that everybody can download them without having to decode or
combine or whatever.
What is difficult to understand about that?

Regards,
Herman

"Tio Calcetín" > schreef in bericht
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:04:34 -0600, "Luke" >
> >

>>"Bert-Jan" > wrote in message
>>> Herman,
>>>
>>> As you can se I have (at least tried to) post in yEnc and NON-yEnc. So
>>> there was something for the user of both.
>>
>> Uneccesssary duplication. Those that can see yEnc, can also see UUE,
>>but those that can't see yEnc, simply can't see yEnc.
>
> Wow, software that knows 2 languages what next? Auto combining parts?
>
>>Posting ONCE in UUE means that everyone can see the post the first
>>time.
>>
> Using a tool developed for the work it is given means seeing
> everything, ALL the time. Bandwidth is costly, free software isn't.
>
> News software has been around that combined mutiparts automatically
> since at least 1996 and yEnc came into use over half a decade ago.
>
> Outlook Express has been officially abandoned now by Micrsosoft but
> even it can be enabled with a few dlls available free from FidoLook.
>
> You've said you use yProxy and don't have the problem. Sounds like
> unecessary complaining. Is there something about the sound of your
> post screeching down the runway with it's wheels up that amuses you?
>
> If you don't want free pictures or free software must you still bitch?
>
> http://www.fidolook.org/

Herman
October 7th 07, 12:22 AM
No point in discussing with deaf people.

Discussion closed.

"Tio Calcetín" > schreef in bericht
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:30:55 +0200, "Herman"
> >

>>Let's not repeat this tiresome discussion for the 101st time.
>
> A point you and the poster replied to might consider. (see attached)
>
> <snip discussion you don't want to have>
>
>>What is difficult to understand about that?
>>
> You can not un-fly the Wright Brothers.
>
> What's difficult to understand about that?
>
> Cheers,
>

> P.S.
> All pictures are always encoded all the time. Get a good hold on that!
> Get a kiss from Luke for me (I'd do it myself but I'm sitting down).

Luke
October 7th 07, 06:42 AM
"Tio Calcetín" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:04:34 -0600, "Luke" >
> >

>>"Bert-Jan" > wrote in message
>>> Herman,
>>>
>>> As you can se I have (at least tried to) post in yEnc and NON-yEnc. So
>>> there was something for the user of both.
>>
>> Uneccesssary duplication. Those that can see yEnc, can also see UUE,
>>but those that can't see yEnc, simply can't see yEnc.
>
> Wow, software that knows 2 languages what next? Auto combining parts?
>
>>Posting ONCE in UUE means that everyone can see the post the first
>>time.
>>
> Using a tool developed for the work it is given means seeing
> everything, ALL the time. Bandwidth is costly, free software isn't.
>
> News software has been around that combined mutiparts automatically
> since at least 1996 and yEnc came into use over half a decade ago.
>
> Outlook Express has been officially abandoned now by Micrsosoft but
> even it can be enabled with a few dlls available free from FidoLook.
>
> You've said you use yProxy and don't have the problem. Sounds like
> unecessary complaining. Is there something about the sound of your
> post screeching down the runway with it's wheels up that amuses you?
>
> If you don't want free pictures or free software must you still bitch?

Who's bitchin? I simply clarified that one format will satify more
users than the other.
Your the one that sounds irate at the moment. Take your pill and calm
down.

Luke

?
January 24th 08, 05:54 AM
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 23:16:29 -0600, John wrote:

> People who don't like Yenc are stuck in the 18th century and should be
> banashed...
>

> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:42:46 +0200, "Herman"
> > wrote:
>
>>yEnc is a despicable method of posting files and should carry heavy
>>punishment.

Two sad cases.

One Luddite, one in need of remedial spelling lessons.

Ron
January 24th 08, 09:02 PM
"John" > wrote in message
> People who don't like Yenc are stuck in the 18th century and should be
> banashed...

Thank you for quoting 411KB of useless crap. yEnc is for porn. Don't be a
wise-ass, I've done without it just fine for the past 10 or so years, and so
have others. It is not the best invention since sliced bread.

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Peter Hucker[_2_]
January 29th 08, 08:26 PM
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:02:52 +0100, "Ron" > wrote:

>"John" > wrote in message
>> People who don't like Yenc are stuck in the 18th century and should be
>> banashed...
>>

>Thank you for quoting 411KB of useless crap. yEnc is for porn.

what makes you think it's any different for porn or planes?

>Don't be a
>wise-ass, I've done without it just fine for the past 10 or so years, and so
>have others.

Then you will miss some pictures. Update, it's not rocket science.

>It is not the best invention since sliced bread.

Think of it as a diesel engine. Do you drive a petrol car because one
economical car won't make a difference?
--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

,.=,,==. ,,_
_ ,====, _ |I|`` || `|I `|
_|\_, |`I| || `==,|`` ^^ `` |
,.--, \_ a\_ | `` ^^ ||_,===TT`==,,_ |
6^`--:_ || ,/ ,-,,\ |,==Y``Y==,,__| \L=_-`' +J/`
/ \```\ \|\_/ /-/\\ ` \|=_ ' -=#J/..-|=_- =|
/ \.., | \/ /-/ ` |=_ -;-='`. .|=_- =|----T--,
/ \..,'| /-| |=/\ -|=_-. . |=_-/^\ =||-|-|::|____
\__ \_L-==, |=|| -|=_-. . |=_-| | =|-|-||::\____
| / \_.-..= |=LJ -|=_-. . |=_-|_| =||-|-|:::::::
\ / /--_/\ |=_ -|=_-_. |=_- =|-|-||::::::
_J` .'-_,/\_``= |=_ -|=//^\. |=_- =||-|-|:::::::
`-` \/--_/ `-` , |/&_,_-|=|| | |=_- =|-|-||:::::::
` \ |_/ ,--``8%,/ ',%|| | |=_- =||-|-|%::::::
/ \/88% 88% 8888%88% &, \, `\ / &,,
/8888% 888` ``` ` ` ` ```

Google