PDA

View Full Version : Missles, pt 6 - Pershing 2 missile b.jpg (1/1)

Mitchell Holman
October 5th 07, 11:04 AM

HEMI-Powered[_3_]
October 5th 07, 12:24 PM
Mitchell Holman added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> Attachment decoded: Pershing 2 missile b.jpg

By its carrier, this is an earlier Pershing than when I was in. I
arrived in the unit in November, 1970. The crew I was assigned to
had gone to some depot 6-8 months earlier, I forget in what city,
and had the AN/TRC-80 secure microwave radio van I actually
operated (I was not a missile jockey) from a tracked vehicle to a
very large 10-ton 8x8 truck, with two steerable front wheels. I
don't know when our missiles where changed to the semi-trailer
erector-launchers, but it was over a period of time as the
conversion was time consuming. The missile semi-trailers were
haulted by a semi-tractor of the same 10 ton truck as for my
microwave radio van, except mine was more of a flat bed than semi.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Proton Fox
October 6th 07, 05:36 AM
Huntsville, Alabama, judging by the Saturn and X-15 in the background.

Google