PDA

View Full Version : The Failure of FAA Diversity

FAA Civil Rights
October 8th 07, 05:57 PM
I guess the Diversity workforce in the FAA is working great
huh??

I believe the first video mentions the word "Incompetency"

The same word I was chastised for using a few years ago by
FAA Management

Maybe I was just a little ahead of my time perhaps?

http://themainbang.typepad.com/blog/2007/10/must-see-tv.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ7h1ETVTBs

Steven P. McNicoll
October 8th 07, 09:11 PM
"FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message

> I guess the Diversity workforce in the FAA is working great huh??
>
> I believe the first video mentions the word "Incompetency"
>
> The same word I was chastised for using a few years ago by FAA Management
>
> Maybe I was just a little ahead of my time perhaps?

What facility washed you out?

FAA Civil Rights
October 8th 07, 09:35 PM
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
> "FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message
>> I guess the Diversity workforce in the FAA is working great huh??
>>
>> I believe the first video mentions the word "Incompetency"
>>
>> The same word I was chastised for using a few years ago by FAA Management
>>
>> Maybe I was just a little ahead of my time perhaps?
>>

> What facility washed you out?

None.

I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.
But the once proud organization I loved has turned to ****
and I had to go. Just like many others are doing everyday.
The FAA and Federal Government is out of control and being
ruined by politically correct tyranny and bad management.

The links speak for themselves. They are the tip of the
iceberg of a failed Government agency.

Today it is record airline delays with a record low employee
morale and disgruntled workforce

Soon it will be body bags and unrecognizable human remains

Soon

Denny
October 8th 07, 09:40 PM
On Oct 8, 4:35 pm, FAA Civil Rights > wrote:
> Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
> > "FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message
> >> I guess the Diversity workforce in the FAA is working great huh??
>
> >> I believe the first video mentions the word "Incompetency"
>
> >> The same word I was chastised for using a few years ago by FAA Management
>
> >> Maybe I was just a little ahead of my time perhaps?
>
> > What facility washed you out?
>
> None.
>
> I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.
> But the once proud organization I loved has turned to ****
> and I had to go. Just like many others are doing everyday.
> The FAA and Federal Government is out of control and being
> ruined by politically correct tyranny and bad management.
>
> The links speak for themselves. They are the tip of the
> iceberg of a failed Government agency.
>
> Today it is record airline delays with a record low employee
> morale and disgruntled workforce
>
> Soon it will be body bags and unrecognizable human remains
>
> Soon

Hmmm, just like the post office... Maybe it is that gov't service
attracts a certain type of person, rather than the job being the
cause, hmmmm?

denny

Kloudy via AviationKB.com
October 8th 07, 10:10 PM
FAA Civil Rights wrote:

Hmm a new name.

How many u gonna try?

Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]
October 8th 07, 10:18 PM
"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" <u33403@uwe> wrote in news:79669d7f6a5e8@uwe:

> FAA Civil Rights wrote:
>

> Hmm a new name.
>
> How many u gonna try?

He's darning as fast as he can.

Bertie

Neil Gould
October 8th 07, 10:38 PM
Recently, FAA Civil Rights > posted:

> Today it is record airline delays with a record low employee
> morale and disgruntled workforce
>
> Soon it will be body bags and unrecognizable human remains

This notion flies in the face of an NBC Nightly News report a couple of
days ago documenting that this has been the safest decade in aviation
history.

I'd rather be safe than on-time.

Neil

Steven P. McNicoll
October 8th 07, 10:52 PM
"FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message

> None.
>
> I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.

I find that hard to believe.

Jim Logajan
October 8th 07, 11:45 PM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote:
> "FAA Civil Rights" > wrote:
>> I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.
>
> I find that hard to believe.

Yee of little faith. Here's a picture of an award ceremony where he was
honored:

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=91424&rendTypeId=4

FAA Civil Rights
October 8th 07, 11:52 PM
Neil Gould wrote:
> Recently, FAA Civil Rights > posted:
>> Today it is record airline delays with a record low employee
>> morale and disgruntled workforce
>>
>> Soon it will be body bags and unrecognizable human remains
>>
> This notion flies in the face of an NBC Nightly News report a couple of
> days ago documenting that this has been the safest decade in aviation
> history.
>
> I'd rather be safe than on-time.
>
> Neil

Actually airline travel due to TECHNOLOGY has become
much safer. However, the number of operational errors and
"Close calls" especially runway incursions has jumped
dramatically. Just one midair will erase that false sense of
security. Speak with any controller and he or she will tell
you the rubber band is stretched or the fat man is on thin
ice. Whichever euphemism you want to use the system is
strained. Delays are a ominous sign of a rubber band close
to breaking.

FAA Civil Rights
October 9th 07, 12:02 AM
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
> "FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message
>> None.
>>
>> I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.
>
> I find that hard to believe.

With all due respect I don't give a rat's ass what you believe.

I could send you folders of scanned documents but you would
think they are forged or fake. Dealing with people like you
is like ****ing in the wind.

Why don't you spend a few minutes at these sites if you
still think I am full of crap about the severe FAA problems
that exist right now that threaten air safety.

I lived it and these people are still living it. It's the
real deal. Make sure you check out the recent video of some
fine FAA sawmill management. It will make you sick. People
working at Waffle House are treated better than FAA
controllers and technicians.

http://themainbang.typepad.com/

http://www.faafollies.com/

I have nothing to do with either of these sites whatsoever.

But hey, the FAA has plenty of time and money for this

https://employees.faa.gov/employee_services/employee_assist/associations_programs/

Feel better now? Your tax dollars at work

FAA Civil Rights
October 9th 07, 12:10 AM
Jim Logajan wrote:
> "Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote:
>> "FAA Civil Rights" > wrote:
>>> I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.
>> I find that hard to believe.
>
> Yee of little faith. Here's a picture of an award ceremony where he was
> honored:
>
> http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=91424&rendTypeId=4

You are real funny. You are either a minority or
homosexual. When people like you are presented with the cold
hard facts of reverse racism cloaked as diversity you play
the KKK or bigot card. Real original ass wipe. Graduate of
the AL Sharpton race card academy perhaps? Are your favorite
words distortion and obfuscation? Government sycophant perhaps?

Or maybe you just don't want to admit the "Emperor has no
Clothes" Record delays in the air traffic system but you
keep singing Kumbaya. Scary. See FEMA and Katrina for more
Kumbaya.

Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]
October 9th 07, 12:14 AM
FAA Civil Rights > wrote in
:

> Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
>> "FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message
>>> None.
>>>
>>> I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.
>>
>> I find that hard to believe.
>>

> With all due respect I don't give a rat's ass what you believe.

Yes you do

It's all you care about, getting people to believe you.

Bertie>

Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]
October 9th 07, 12:16 AM
FAA Civil Rights > wrote in news:CNyOi.56$0x7.24
@newsfe05.lga:

> Jim Logajan wrote:
>>> I find that hard to believe.
>>
>> Yee of little faith. Here's a picture of an award ceremony where he was
>> honored:
>>
>> http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=91424&rendTypeId=4
>
> You are real funny. You are either a minority or
> homosexual.

What, he can't be both?

You're not in a minority? What are you, a manderin in china?

Bertie

Jim Logajan
October 9th 07, 12:52 AM
FAA Civil Rights > wrote:
> Jim Logajan wrote:
>>> I find that hard to believe.
>>
>> Yee of little faith. Here's a picture of an award ceremony where he was
>> honored:
>>
>> http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=91424&rendTypeId=4
>
> You are real funny.

Thanks - I think so too!

> You are either a minority or homosexual.

I think you need to work on your snappy comebacks if you want to troll
these groups. Lots of competition, you see.

> When people like you are presented with the cold
> hard facts of reverse racism cloaked as diversity you play
> the KKK or bigot card. Real original ass wipe. Graduate of
> the AL Sharpton race card academy perhaps? Are your favorite
> words distortion and obfuscation? Government sycophant perhaps?

Atheist libertarian. Hmmm - I guess that does make a white married male
like me a minority after all. Still, I take (very) small pleasure in that I
don't get the kind of government my taxes would otherwise buy if spent
efficiently.

It seems you admit to sucking long and hard at the government trough that I
helped fill with my taxes.

Larry Dighera
October 9th 07, 05:14 AM
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:40:34 -0700, Denny > wrote
in . com>:

>On Oct 8, 4:35 pm, FAA Civil Rights > wrote:
>> Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

>> > What facility washed you out?
>>
>> None.
>>
>> I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.
>> But the once proud organization I loved has turned to ****
>> and I had to go. Just like many others are doing everyday.
>> The FAA and Federal Government is out of control and being
>> ruined by politically correct tyranny and bad management.
>>
>> The links speak for themselves. They are the tip of the
>> iceberg of a failed Government agency.
>>
>> Today it is record airline delays with a record low employee
>> morale and disgruntled workforce
>>
>> Soon it will be body bags and unrecognizable human remains
>>
>> Soon
>
>Hmmm, just like the post office... Maybe it is that gov't service
>attracts a certain type of person, rather than the job being the
>cause, hmmmm?
>
>denny

The fact that the FAA gives veterans a 5% boost in their score on the
civil servant examinations, and veterans with a Purple Heart 10%,
seems to show that the FAA values past service higher than competence.

Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]
October 9th 07, 08:32 AM
Larry Dighera > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:40:34 -0700, Denny > wrote
> in . com>:

>>> None.
>>>
>>> I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.
>>> But the once proud organization I loved has turned to ****
>>> and I had to go. Just like many others are doing everyday.
>>> The FAA and Federal Government is out of control and being
>>> ruined by politically correct tyranny and bad management.
>>>
>>> The links speak for themselves. They are the tip of the
>>> iceberg of a failed Government agency.
>>>
>>> Today it is record airline delays with a record low employee
>>> morale and disgruntled workforce
>>>
>>> Soon it will be body bags and unrecognizable human remains
>>>
>>> Soon
>>
>>Hmmm, just like the post office... Maybe it is that gov't service
>>attracts a certain type of person, rather than the job being the
>>cause, hmmmm?
>>
>>denny
>
> The fact that the FAA gives veterans a 5% boost in their score on the
> civil servant examinations, and veterans with a Purple Heart 10%,
> seems to show that the FAA values past service higher than competence.

True. I took the ATC exam once and thought this terribly unfair. Until I
met the applicants and thought that they didn;t give them nearly
enough...

Bertie

Neil Gould
October 9th 07, 11:52 AM
Recently, FAA Civil Rights > posted:

> Neil Gould wrote:
>> Recently, FAA Civil Rights > posted:
>>> Today it is record airline delays with a record low employee
>>> morale and disgruntled workforce
>>>
>>> Soon it will be body bags and unrecognizable human remains
>>>
>> This notion flies in the face of an NBC Nightly News report a couple
>> of days ago documenting that this has been the safest decade in
>> aviation history.
>>
>> I'd rather be safe than on-time.
>>
>> Neil
>>

> Actually airline travel due to TECHNOLOGY has become
> much safer. However, the number of operational errors and
> "Close calls" especially runway incursions has jumped
> dramatically. Just one midair will erase that false sense of
> security. Speak with any controller and he or she will tell
> you the rubber band is stretched or the fat man is on thin
> ice. Whichever euphemism you want to use the system is
> strained. Delays are a ominous sign of a rubber band close
> to breaking.

As I see it, delays are an obvious sign of a bad idea -- hubs. It doesn't
take much thought to realize that a system dependent on hubs will fail
more often than one that distributes the load. No change of personnel will
alter that basic fact. But, like so many other of our "great thinkers",
airlines insist on "staying the course" rather than address the source of
the problem.

Neil

Steven P. McNicoll
October 9th 07, 12:13 PM
"FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message

> With all due respect I don't give a rat's ass what you believe.
>
> I could send you folders of scanned documents but you would think they are
> forged or fake. Dealing with people like you is like ****ing in the wind.
>
> Why don't you spend a few minutes at these sites if you still think I am
> full of crap about the severe FAA problems
> that exist right now that threaten air safety.
>
> I lived it and these people are still living it. It's the real deal. Make
> sure you check out the recent video of some fine FAA sawmill management.
> It will make you sick. People working at Waffle House are treated better
> than FAA controllers and technicians.
>
> http://themainbang.typepad.com/
>
> http://www.faafollies.com/
>
> I have nothing to do with either of these sites whatsoever.
>
> But hey, the FAA has plenty of time and money for this
>
> https://employees.faa.gov/employee_services/employee_assist/associations_programs/
>
> Feel better now? Your tax dollars at work

I don't have to visit any sites to learn of the present situation with the
FAA. I've been in the FAA for 24 years.

FAA Civil Rights
October 9th 07, 01:48 PM
Larry Dighera wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:40:34 -0700, Denny > wrote
> in . com>:

>>> None.
>>>
>>> I served with honors and awards my entire Government career.
>>> But the once proud organization I loved has turned to ****
>>> and I had to go. Just like many others are doing everyday.
>>> The FAA and Federal Government is out of control and being
>>> ruined by politically correct tyranny and bad management.
>>>
>>> The links speak for themselves. They are the tip of the
>>> iceberg of a failed Government agency.
>>>
>>> Today it is record airline delays with a record low employee
>>> morale and disgruntled workforce
>>>
>>> Soon it will be body bags and unrecognizable human remains
>>>
>>> Soon
>> Hmmm, just like the post office... Maybe it is that gov't service
>> attracts a certain type of person, rather than the job being the
>> cause, hmmmm?
>>
>> denny
>
> The fact that the FAA gives veterans a 5% boost in their score on the
> civil servant examinations, and veterans with a Purple Heart 10%,
> seems to show that the FAA values past service higher than competence.

Absolutely! When you have an organization(FAA)that promotes
people into management based on their sex or skin color,will
not hold you accountable for poor performance(Unless you are
a white male), protects you if you are a certain sex or skin
color, pays you way more than you know or do, gives you time
off to F off and celebrate "Diversity" on the tax payer dime
of course it will attract and keep a "certain" type of person.

The flaw with the above concept is moving tin through the
sky at 600 miles an hour requires sophisticated equipment
and sharp motivated minds with a good aviation background
and training. Turning the FAA into HUD and the Post Office
in the name of "Diversity" is a recipe for disaster.

Record delays are only the beginning my friends. It will get
worse. The next step is a aluminum shower unless the FAA is
revamped and placed back on the focus of aviation safety and
not diversity and EEO waste. Call your congressman and tell
them this...

FORCE THE FAA TO REMOVE DIVERSITY HIRING AND GO TO A
NUMBERED JOB BID SYSTEM. REMOVE COLOR AND SEX BIAS IN THE FAA.

You wanna fix the FAA? Trust me due to politically correct
tyranny and scared people within the FAA in fear for their
jobs the vast majority of FAA employees will not admit in
public what the real problem is at the FAA.

INCOMPETENT WOMEN AND MINORITIES AND WHITE MALE SYCOPHANTS
IN SENIOR FAA MANAGEMENT

I guarantee if you grab 10 Black Females in the FAA right
now in senior management 8 out of 10 can't find their ass
with both hands. 8 out of 10 will not have any aviation
background. Guaranteed.

I am retired from the FAA so I can run my mouth all I want
they can't do jack **** to me. So, the truth is the truth.

Politically Correct hiring and diversity nonsense has RUINED
the FAA. Read it and weep.

The Emperor has no Clothes

Steven P. McNicoll
October 9th 07, 02:06 PM
"FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message

> Absolutely! When you have an organization(FAA)that promotes people into
> management based on their sex or skin color,will not hold you accountable
> for poor performance(Unless you are a white male), protects you if you are
> a certain sex or skin color, pays you way more than you know or do, gives
> you time off to F off and celebrate "Diversity" on the tax payer dime of
> course it will attract and keep a "certain" type of person.

The FAA no longer holds white males accountable for poor performance.

Larry Dighera
October 9th 07, 02:14 PM
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:32:30 +0000 (UTC), emboldened by anonymity,
Bertie the Bunyip > wrote in
>:

>True. I took the ATC exam once and thought this terribly unfair. Until I
>met the applicants and thought that they didn;t give them nearly
>enough...

I can understand your feelings, but is the FAA a charity organization
or a performance based organization? Both you say? If the blanket
test score increases granted veterans and wounded US solders isn't
limited to tests for positions that do not affect flight safety, I see
charity as anathema for performance. There is no question that
charity-based hiring undermines performance, IMO.

Is it appropriate to lower personnel performance standards, that
affect all who fly from airline passengers to airmen, in the name of
charity? IMNSHO, charity is a noble human trait, but charity, and the
emotion upon which it is based, have no place in matters of life and
death that affect millions. As an airman, surely you can appreciate
this.

It would behove the government to find a more appropriate means of
compensating those who have formally served their country, that
wouldn't potentially lower flight safety. When emotion (or religion)
trump pragmatism, the results are often less than optimal.

FAA Civil Rights
October 9th 07, 02:14 PM
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
> "FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message
>> Absolutely! When you have an organization(FAA)that promotes people into
>> management based on their sex or skin color,will not hold you accountable
>> for poor performance(Unless you are a white male), protects you if you are
>> a certain sex or skin color, pays you way more than you know or do, gives
>> you time off to F off and celebrate "Diversity" on the tax payer dime of
>> course it will attract and keep a "certain" type of person.
>>

> The FAA no longer holds white males accountable for poor performance.

Sorry, my mistake. I meant productive white males.The
sycophants and ass kissers are given a free pass.

Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]
October 9th 07, 02:18 PM
Larry Dighera > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:32:30 +0000 (UTC), emboldened by anonymity,
> Bertie the Bunyip > wrote in
> >:
>
>>True. I took the ATC exam once and thought this terribly unfair. Until
>>met the applicants and thought that they didn;t give them nearly
>>enough...
>
> I can understand your feelings, but is the FAA a charity organization
> or a performance based organization? Both you say? If the blanket
> test score increases granted veterans and wounded US solders isn't
> limited to tests for positions that do not affect flight safety, I see
> charity as anathema for performance. There is no question that
> charity-based hiring undermines performance, IMO.
>
> Is it appropriate to lower personnel performance standards, that
> affect all who fly from airline passengers to airmen, in the name of
> charity? IMNSHO, charity is a noble human trait, but charity, and the
> emotion upon which it is based, have no place in matters of life and
> death that affect millions. As an airman, surely you can appreciate
> this.
>
> It would behove the government to find a more appropriate means of
> compensating those who have formally served their country, that
> wouldn't potentially lower flight safety. When emotion (or religion)
> trump pragmatism, the results are often less than optimal.

Oh I didn't mind. Liek i said, the applicants I should have been given
50% extra just for geting their names right. Even then they didn't have
a snowball's chance in hell.

At least the higher score would have made them feel better. Well, at
least the few that could have spelled their names right and realised
that a 52 was abigger number than a 2

seriously, there were some dumb people there.

Bertie

Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]
October 9th 07, 02:22 PM
FAA Civil Rights > wrote in
:

> Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
>> "FAA Civil Rights" > wrote in message
>>> Absolutely! When you have an organization(FAA)that promotes people
>>> into management based on their sex or skin color,will not hold you
>>> accountable for poor performance(Unless you are a white male),
>>> protects you if you are a certain sex or skin color, pays you way
>>> more than you know or do, gives you time off to F off and celebrate
>>> "Diversity" on the tax payer dime of course it will attract and keep
>>> a "certain" type of person.
>>>

>> The FAA no longer holds white males accountable for poor performance.
>>

> Sorry, my mistake. I meant productive white males.The
> sycophants and ass kissers are given a free pass.

Who wants to start a pool for when this guy ends up on either Fox news or
america's dumbest criminals?

Bertie

FAA Civil Rights
October 9th 07, 02:52 PM
Larry Dighera wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:32:30 +0000 (UTC), emboldened by anonymity,
> Bertie the Bunyip > wrote in
> >:
>
>> True. I took the ATC exam once and thought this terribly unfair. Until I
>> met the applicants and thought that they didn;t give them nearly
>> enough...
>
> I can understand your feelings, but is the FAA a charity organization
> or a performance based organization? Both you say? If the blanket
> test score increases granted veterans and wounded US solders isn't
> limited to tests for positions that do not affect flight safety, I see
> charity as anathema for performance. There is no question that
> charity-based hiring undermines performance, IMO.
>
> Is it appropriate to lower personnel performance standards, that
> affect all who fly from airline passengers to airmen, in the name of
> charity? IMNSHO, charity is a noble human trait, but charity, and the
> emotion upon which it is based, have no place in matters of life and
> death that affect millions. As an airman, surely you can appreciate
> this.
>
> It would behove the government to find a more appropriate means of
> compensating those who have formally served their country, that
> wouldn't potentially lower flight safety. When emotion (or religion)
> trump pragmatism, the results are often less than optimal.

Government "Diversity" Hiring and "Charity" Hiring should
read this powerful quote.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
under robber barons than under omnipotent moral
busybodies(Civil Rights and EEO empires).

The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity
may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for
our own good will torment us without end, for they do so
with the approval of their own conscience." ---C.S. Lewis

Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]
October 9th 07, 02:55 PM
FAA Civil Rights > wrote in
:

> Larry Dighera wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:32:30 +0000 (UTC), emboldened by anonymity,
>> Bertie the Bunyip > wrote in
>> >:
>>
>>> True. I took the ATC exam once and thought this terribly unfair.
>>> Until I met the applicants and thought that they didn;t give them
>>> nearly enough...
>>
>> I can understand your feelings, but is the FAA a charity organization
>> or a performance based organization? Both you say? If the blanket
>> test score increases granted veterans and wounded US solders isn't
>> limited to tests for positions that do not affect flight safety, I
>> see charity as anathema for performance. There is no question that
>> charity-based hiring undermines performance, IMO.
>>
>> Is it appropriate to lower personnel performance standards, that
>> affect all who fly from airline passengers to airmen, in the name of
>> charity? IMNSHO, charity is a noble human trait, but charity, and
>> the emotion upon which it is based, have no place in matters of life
>> and death that affect millions. As an airman, surely you can
>> appreciate this.
>>
>> It would behove the government to find a more appropriate means of
>> compensating those who have formally served their country, that
>> wouldn't potentially lower flight safety. When emotion (or religion)
>> trump pragmatism, the results are often less than optimal.
>>

> Government "Diversity" Hiring and "Charity" Hiring should
> read this powerful quote.
>
> "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its
> victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
> under robber barons than under omnipotent moral
> busybodies(Civil Rights and EEO empires).
>
> The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity
> may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for
> our own good will torment us without end, for they do so
> with the approval of their own conscience." ---C.S. Lewis

Lewis Carrol, more like.

Bertie

FAA Civil Rights
October 9th 07, 02:55 PM
Larry Dighera wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:32:30 +0000 (UTC), emboldened by anonymity,
> Bertie the Bunyip > wrote in
> >:
>
>> True. I took the ATC exam once and thought this terribly unfair. Until I
>> met the applicants and thought that they didn;t give them nearly
>> enough...
>
> I can understand your feelings, but is the FAA a charity organization
> or a performance based organization? Both you say? If the blanket
> test score increases granted veterans and wounded US solders isn't
> limited to tests for positions that do not affect flight safety, I see
> charity as anathema for performance. There is no question that
> charity-based hiring undermines performance, IMO.
>
> Is it appropriate to lower personnel performance standards, that
> affect all who fly from airline passengers to airmen, in the name of
> charity? IMNSHO, charity is a noble human trait, but charity, and the
> emotion upon which it is based, have no place in matters of life and
> death that affect millions. As an airman, surely you can appreciate
> this.
>
> It would behove the government to find a more appropriate means of
> compensating those who have formally served their country, that
> wouldn't potentially lower flight safety. When emotion (or religion)
> trump pragmatism, the results are often less than optimal.

Government "Diversity" Hiring and "Charity" Hiring should
read this powerful quote.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
under robber barons than under omnipotent moral
busybodies(Civil Rights and EEO empires).

The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity
may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for
our own good will torment us without end, for they do so
with the approval of their own conscience." ---C.S. Lewis

Steven P. McNicoll
October 9th 07, 03:14 PM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message

> I can understand your feelings, but is the FAA a charity organization
> or a performance based organization? Both you say? If the blanket
> test score increases granted veterans and wounded US solders isn't
> limited to tests for positions that do not affect flight safety, I see
> charity as anathema for performance. There is no question that
> charity-based hiring undermines performance, IMO.
>
> Is it appropriate to lower personnel performance standards, that
> affect all who fly from airline passengers to airmen, in the name of
> charity? IMNSHO, charity is a noble human trait, but charity, and the
> emotion upon which it is based, have no place in matters of life and
> death that affect millions. As an airman, surely you can appreciate
> this.
>
> It would behove the government to find a more appropriate means of
> compensating those who have formally served their country, that
> wouldn't potentially lower flight safety. When emotion (or religion)
> trump pragmatism, the results are often less than optimal.

It's not the FAA that gives veterans preference points, it's the federal
government.

Larry Dighera
October 9th 07, 04:29 PM
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, "Steven P. McNicoll"
> wrote in
>:

>It's not the FAA that gives veterans preference points, it's the federal
>government.

Perhaps there should be some exclusions implemented for those jobs
that have potential life-safety impact.

Steven P. McNicoll
October 9th 07, 04:37 PM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message

> Perhaps there should be some exclusions implemented for those jobs
> that have potential life-safety impact.

Why? The points apply to hiring, not certification.

Allen[_1_]
October 9th 07, 05:41 PM
--

*H. Allen Smith*
WACO - We are all here, because we are not all there.
"Bertie the Bunyip" > wrote in message
.. .
> FAA Civil Rights > wrote in
> :
>
>> Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
>>>>

>>> The FAA no longer holds white males accountable for poor performance.
>>>

>> Sorry, my mistake. I meant productive white males.The
>> sycophants and ass kissers are given a free pass.
>>

> Who wants to start a pool for when this guy ends up on either Fox news or
> america's dumbest criminals?
>
> Bertie

Did anyone see this in another thread? Did he out himself or is he
mimicking?

Nomen Nescio View profile
More options Oct 9, 9:10 am

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
From: Nomen Nescio >
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:10:28 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: You will not STOP the Truth
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
Government "Diversity" Hiring and "Charity" Hiring should
read this powerful quote.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of
its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better
to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral
busybodies(FAA Civil Rights and EEO empires).The robber baron's
cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point
be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good
will torment us without end, for they do so with the
approval of their own conscience." ---C.S. Lewis

Larry Dighera
October 9th 07, 05:43 PM
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:37:50 -0500, "Steven P. McNicoll"
> wrote in
>:

>"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message
>>
>> Perhaps there should be some exclusions implemented for those jobs
>> that have potential life-safety impact.
>>

>Why? The points apply to hiring, not certification.

I wasn't aware of that.

So you're saying that ATC personnel are able to practice their "art"
based on their performance, and the employment/position test only
qualifies them for performance evaluation?

Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]
October 9th 07, 06:07 PM
"Allen" > wrote in news:2aOOi.859$wF3.327
@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com:

Snuh

Bertie

Steven P. McNicoll
October 9th 07, 06:22 PM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message

> I wasn't aware of that.
>
> So you're saying that ATC personnel are able to practice their "art"
> based on their performance, and the employment/position test only
> qualifies them for performance evaluation?

I can only speak to the policy in effect when I was hired in 1983. Veterans
preference points were added to the individual's score on the ATC entrance
exam. If that total was above whatever the cutoff was, and the person
passed the physical exam, and the interview was satisfactory, the person was
hired and went to the FAA academy for initial training. Veterans preference
points were not used for anything after the initial hire.

Larry Dighera
October 9th 07, 06:32 PM
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:22:31 -0500, "Steven P. McNicoll"
> wrote in
>:

>"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message
>>
>> I wasn't aware of that.
>>
>> So you're saying that ATC personnel are able to practice their "art"
>> based on their performance, and the employment/position test only
>> qualifies them for performance evaluation?
>>

>I can only speak to the policy in effect when I was hired in 1983. Veterans
>preference points were added to the individual's score on the ATC entrance
>exam. If that total was above whatever the cutoff was, and the person
>passed the physical exam, and the interview was satisfactory, the person was
>hired and went to the FAA academy for initial training. Veterans preference
>points were not used for anything after the initial hire.

I understand. Thank you for the information.

Google