PDA

View Full Version : FAA goons shutting down free speech

AviationNewsFreedom
October 12th 07, 07:37 PM
Federal Aviation Administration Government Goon Squads
trying to shut down free speech

http://themainbang.typepad.com/blog/

This blog is known as the premier Air Traffic control
blog in America. Apparently it has gotten under the skin
of the FAA goon squads. This blog exposes on a daily basis
the incompetency and poor management practices within
the Failed Aviation Administration.

Please take a few minutes and support this site and the man
that is challenged by free speech censors within our Federal
Government. If his blog is allowed to be shut down God help
us all and our loss of free speech rights on the Internet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

Jim Logajan
October 12th 07, 08:19 PM
AviationNewsFreedom > wrote:
> Federal Aviation Administration Government Goon Squads
> trying to shut down free speech
>
> http://themainbang.typepad.com/blog/

Looks like a standard libel case between private individuals.

> Please take a few minutes and support this site and the man
> that is challenged by free speech censors within our Federal
> Government. If his blog is allowed to be shut down God help
> us all and our loss of free speech rights on the Internet
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

1) The government doesn't appear to be a plaintiff in this case.
2) The lawsuit does not ask for the blog to be shut down.

AviationNewsFreedom
October 12th 07, 09:10 PM
Jim Logajan wrote:
> AviationNewsFreedom > wrote:
>> Federal Aviation Administration Government Goon Squads
>> trying to shut down free speech
>>
>> http://themainbang.typepad.com/blog/
>
> Looks like a standard libel case between private individuals.
>
>> Please take a few minutes and support this site and the man
>> that is challenged by free speech censors within our Federal
>> Government. If his blog is allowed to be shut down God help
>> us all and our loss of free speech rights on the Internet
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech
>
> 1) The government doesn't appear to be a plaintiff in this case.
> 2) The lawsuit does not ask for the blog to be shut down.

1. Plaintiff is a FAA supervisor and plaintiff attorney is a
FAA employee
2. Blog will be shut down if they win because blog operator
will be broke
3. FAA will not sue blogger(Ex-NATCA)chief directly because
that would be too obvious

Yes the FAA has made it known numerous times their disdain
for this blog site. The Government is weasels they operate
in the peripheral in the shadows. But you can bet they are
involved.

Gig 601XL Builder
October 12th 07, 09:43 PM
AviationNewsFreedom wrote:
> Jim Logajan wrote:
>> AviationNewsFreedom > wrote:
>>> Federal Aviation Administration Government Goon Squads
>>> trying to shut down free speech
>>>
>>> http://themainbang.typepad.com/blog/
>>
>> Looks like a standard libel case between private individuals.
>>
>>> Please take a few minutes and support this site and the man
>>> that is challenged by free speech censors within our Federal
>>> Government. If his blog is allowed to be shut down God help
>>> us all and our loss of free speech rights on the Internet
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech
>>
>> 1) The government doesn't appear to be a plaintiff in this case.
>> 2) The lawsuit does not ask for the blog to be shut down.
>

> 1. Plaintiff is a FAA supervisor and plaintiff attorney is a
> FAA employee
> 2. Blog will be shut down if they win because blog operator
> will be broke
> 3. FAA will not sue blogger(Ex-NATCA)chief directly because
> that would be too obvious
>
> Yes the FAA has made it known numerous times their disdain
> for this blog site. The Government is weasels they operate
> in the peripheral in the shadows. But you can bet they are
> involved.

There is an absolute defense to a libel claim, TRUTH. If what you posted was
true you don't have a thing to worry about.

Mxsmanic
October 12th 07, 10:54 PM
Gig 601XL Builder writes:

> There is an absolute defense to a libel claim, TRUTH. If what you posted was
> true you don't have a thing to worry about.

This is correct in the United States (which of course would logically be the
jurisdiction for the FAA), but not necessarily in other countries. In any
case, government agencies in the U.S. do not ordinarily sue for libel.

Gatt
October 12th 07, 11:45 PM
"Gig 601XL Builder" <wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net> wrote in message

> There is an absolute defense to a libel claim, TRUTH. If what you posted
> was true you don't have a thing to worry about.

Libel suits are ridiculously hard to win unless you can demonstrate that the
defendant acted out of malice and knowledge that it wasn't the truth. The
deadlies are accusing somebody of mental disorder, felony behavior and
especially pedophelia.

An excellent source for libel law is the AP Stylebook and Libel Manual.

-c

Kloudy via AviationKB.com
October 13th 07, 12:13 AM
AviationNewsFreedom wrote:
>If his blog is allowed to be shut down God help
>us all and our loss of free speech rights on the Internet

You are really out of your mind aren't you?

AviationNewsFreedom
October 13th 07, 02:03 AM
Kloudy via AviationKB.com wrote:
> AviationNewsFreedom wrote:
> >If his blog is allowed to be shut down God help
>> us all and our loss of free speech rights on the Internet
>
> You are really out of your mind aren't you?

Does a Fat Baby Poot?

Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]
October 13th 07, 07:16 AM
Mxsmanic > wrote in
:

> Gig 601XL Builder writes:
>
>> There is an absolute defense to a libel claim, TRUTH. If what you
>> posted was true you don't have a thing to worry about.
>
> This is correct in the United States (which of course would logically
> be the jurisdiction for the FAA), but not necessarily in other
> countries.

So what?

It's probably not the case on mars either.

You are an idiot of the first magnitude.

Bertie

Gig 601XL Builder
October 15th 07, 02:53 PM
Gatt wrote:
> "Gig 601XL Builder" <wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net> wrote in message
>
>> There is an absolute defense to a libel claim, TRUTH. If what you
>> posted was true you don't have a thing to worry about.
>
> Libel suits are ridiculously hard to win unless you can demonstrate
> that the defendant acted out of malice and knowledge that it wasn't
> the truth. The deadlies are accusing somebody of mental disorder,
> felony behavior and especially pedophelia.
>
> An excellent source for libel law is the AP Stylebook and Libel
> Manual.
> -c

From a quick look at the website and the .pdf of the complaint I'd say that
unless the blogger has some evidence that either his claims were true or
that he had good reason to think they were true the plaintiff has a pretty
good case.

Google