PDA

View Full Version : A very strange feeling...

Jay Honeck
October 14th 07, 11:43 PM
We were just sitting here watching football on a lazy Sunday afternoon
when a single engine plane droned over our house, at low cruise
setting.

Mary and I looked at each other. She voiced what we were both
thinking: "I wonder if that's Joe?"

He's up right now trying to get ten more hours of solo time before he
can take his check ride. I know it would be almost irresistable for
him to fly over our house, his school, his friends...

What a weird feeling, knowing that the kid you taught to ride a bike,
and who's been flying with you since he was in a car seat, is flying
overhead, solo...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

BT
October 15th 07, 12:27 AM
Is he using the pathfinder for his lessons?

Wait until he asks to borrow the Pathfinder for a date..

BT

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We were just sitting here watching football on a lazy Sunday afternoon
> when a single engine plane droned over our house, at low cruise
> setting.
>
> Mary and I looked at each other. She voiced what we were both
> thinking: "I wonder if that's Joe?"
>
> He's up right now trying to get ten more hours of solo time before he
> can take his check ride. I know it would be almost irresistable for
> him to fly over our house, his school, his friends...
>
> What a weird feeling, knowing that the kid you taught to ride a bike,
> and who's been flying with you since he was in a car seat, is flying
> overhead, solo...
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Jay Honeck
October 15th 07, 01:53 AM
> Is he using the pathfinder for his lessons?

Not!

> Wait until he asks to borrow the Pathfinder for a date..

We're banking on that not happening for...a while....
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Matt Whiting
October 15th 07, 03:13 AM
BT wrote:
> Is he using the pathfinder for his lessons?

Can't be as he'd "shock cool" Jay's engine! :-)

Matt

Montblack
October 15th 07, 07:04 AM
("Jay Honeck" wrote)
>> Wait until he asks to borrow the Pathfinder for a date..

> We're banking on that not happening for...a while....

By "a while," do you mean, like ....8 weeks?

Which for Joe is, like ....forever. <g>

Montblack

Jay Honeck
October 15th 07, 12:44 PM
> > Is he using the pathfinder for his lessons?
>
> Can't be as he'd "shock cool" Jay's engine! :-)

That, and all the other things he'd "shock"...

:-)

According to his instructor he's apparently got the art of landing a
150 down pretty well. I'm told he needs to develop some finesse (if
he flies like he drives, that's no surprise), but is otherwise a fine
pilot.

What's missing at age 17 is "judgement". That's the only part of his
whole endeavor that keeps me awake nights.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Blueskies
October 15th 07, 11:21 PM
Quite of the week: "Hey Dad! Can I borrow the plane?"

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message oups.com...
>> Is he using the pathfinder for his lessons?
>
> Not!
>
>> Wait until he asks to borrow the Pathfinder for a date..
>
> We're banking on that not happening for...a while....
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

October 16th 07, 03:34 AM
On Oct 15, 4:44 am, Jay Honeck > wrote:

> What's missing at age 17 is "judgement". That's the only part of his
> whole endeavor that keeps me awake nights.
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Heh. You are experiencing parenthood.

Our kids don't fly, but I think that would be easier than worrying
about driving, what with all those idiots in cars.

Google