PDA

View Full Version : Short takeoff

Ross Wilson
October 26th 07, 10:54 PM
Any shorter and it would takeoff backwards!

Ross

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1tJuO16hRTk

Dave[_16_]
October 27th 07, 01:07 AM
Ross Wilson wrote:
> Any shorter and it would takeoff backwards!
>
> Ross
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=1tJuO16hRTk

The winds looked dead still from the lack of ripples on the pond.
DAve

rckchp
October 29th 07, 12:15 AM
On Oct 26, 5:54 pm, Ross Wilson > wrote:
> Any shorter and it would takeoff backwards!
>
> Ross
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=1tJuO16hRTk

I wonder what the fuel load was...and weight of the pilot....and what
engine (power) & prop is installed on that Zodiac??? Impressive no
matter what the answers are.

October 29th 07, 01:38 AM
Somewhere in my stuff I have a picture of a Fairchild built Porter
taking off out of the chocks.
It already had spectacular takeoff performace, but in this test, they
had added some small
JATO pods. From the pic. it appeared that the aircraft was passing
though 40 feet, less than twenty
from the chocks.

Craig C.

Google