PDA

View Full Version : Changing Magnetos?

smf
August 31st 03, 06:50 PM
I'm planning on changing my mags soon. Is there anything I should know going
into this. I've never installed mags.
I will get my A&P to time them and check them out.

Thanks

Steve

rip
August 31st 03, 07:41 PM
Try this link for info:
http://www.sacskyranch.com/timingbendixslick.htm

smf wrote:
> I'm planning on changing my mags soon. Is there anything I should know going
> into this. I've never installed mags.
> I will get my A&P to time them and check them out.
>

> Thanks
>

> Steve

Jerry Wass
September 1st 03, 01:48 AM
If I were you, I'd have the mechanic--1.--Inspect the mags out of
thebox.--Sometime things happen in shipment, fall of the shelf, who knows what.
2.-Then let him install & time them---If you get them one tooth off, he can't
time them properly. Then if it doesn't run properly, he can't blame you.
This will put you in a much better light with the Mechanic.Call him beforehand &
ask him if there is anything you can do to get the aeroplayne ready.--p.s.
I'm not a n A&P, but I do know how to change mags--mine that is.

smf wrote:

> I'm planning on changing my mags soon. Is there anything I should know going
> into this. I've never installed mags.
> I will get my A&P to time them and check them out.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Google