PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes McLaren SLR 722 vs. Aermacchi SF 260

Oliver Arend
November 5th 07, 11:00 PM
The Discovery Channel-owned "DMAX", a German TV station showing mostly
"guy stuff" (cool bikes, cool cars, not enough cool planes...),
tonight aired a race between a Mercedes McLaren SLR 722 (one of the
fastet street legal cars in the world: 680 HP on 1390 kg) and a Siai-
Marchetti SF 260 (aerobatic/military, 263 HP on 1300 kg MTOW) that
took place in June on/above the Nürburgring Nordschleife, for the race
track's 80th birthday. Top speed is 330 km/h for the Mercedes and
about 440 km/h for the Siai-Marchetti... guess who won? (the plane had
to fly a looping for every sharp turn on the track)

The video is here: http://www.mr-marchetti.de/html/nuerburgring.html

Sorry, there are no English subtitles...

Oliver

Morgans[_2_]
November 5th 07, 11:45 PM
I think it will not work in the US. That is what it finally said, after I
looked a t a picture of a fish in the hand several times.
--
Jim in NC

Charles Vincent
November 6th 07, 12:18 AM
Morgans wrote:
> I think it will not work in the US. That is what it finally said, after I
> looked a t a picture of a fish in the hand several times.

So amuse yourself with one of the many variations on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12VxU3JyuQ

Google