PDA

View Full Version : Precurved mylar needed in the USA

Mike[_8_]
November 16th 07, 05:06 AM
100" of 78mm precurved mylar needed.
or a method to curve mylar myself.

thanks,

Mike

November 16th 07, 05:15 AM
On Nov 15, 11:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
> 100" of 78mm precurved mylar needed.
> or a method to curve mylar myself.
>
> thanks,
>
> Mike

Wings and Wheels has it

Mike[_8_]
November 16th 07, 05:34 AM
On Nov 15, 10:15 pm, wrote:
> On Nov 15, 11:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
>
> > 100" of 78mm precurved mylar needed.
> > or a method to curve mylar myself.
>
> > thanks,
>
> > Mike
>
> Wings and Wheels has it

In 15m lengths.

BT
November 16th 07, 06:04 AM

>> > 100" of 78mm precurved mylar needed.
>> > or a method to curve mylar myself.
>>
>> > thanks,
>>
>> > Mike
>>
>> Wings and Wheels has it
>
> In 15m lengths.

That sounds like more than 100" to me,
granted it is more like 585"
so you can either save it for the next use
or find some friends that need some too

November 16th 07, 01:33 PM
On Nov 15, 11:34 pm, Mike > wrote:
> On Nov 15, 10:15 pm, wrote:
>
> > On Nov 15, 11:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
>
> > > 100" of 78mm precurved mylar needed.
> > > or a method to curve mylar myself.
>
> > > thanks,
>
> > > Mike
>
> > Wings and Wheels has it
>
> In 15m lengths.

Why don't you call Tim and see if he has any partial rolls?

Mike[_8_]
November 16th 07, 04:40 PM
Tim does have a two meter piece.

Someone has offered to share an order, so problem solved.

Mike

On Nov 16, 6:33 am, wrote:
> On Nov 15, 11:34 pm, Mike > wrote:

> > > Wings and Wheels has it
>
> > In 15m lengths.
>
> Why don't you call Tim and see if he has any partial rol

Bob Kuykendall
November 16th 07, 07:12 PM
On Nov 15, 9:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
> 100" of 78mm precurved mylar needed...

Eek, 78mm is over 3" wide. That's wicked huge. When I made a set of
Mylar seals that wide, they buzzed off on the first tow.

Thanks, Bob K.

Wayne Paul
November 16th 07, 08:51 PM
"Bob Kuykendall" > wrote in message
> On Nov 15, 9:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
>> 100" of 78mm precurved mylar needed...
>
> Eek, 78mm is over 3" wide. That's wicked huge. When I made a set of
> Mylar seals that wide, they buzzed off on the first tow.
>
> Thanks, Bob K.

Bob,

Was that on the ruddervators of the your old HP-11?

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Bob Kuykendall
November 16th 07, 09:14 PM
On Nov 16, 12:51 pm, "Wayne Paul" > wrote:

> Was that on the ruddervators of the your old HP-11?

Just so. After the mylars departed the formation I made another set
out of the traditional beryllium-copper but had a great deal of
trouble applying them. By the time I got them on and sort of straight
they were badly kinked. In action they seemed to add quite a bit of
friction and were scratching the paint on the ruddervator. I stripped
them off before even trying to fly with them.

Thanks, Bob K.

Wayne Paul
November 16th 07, 10:06 PM
"Bob Kuykendall" > wrote in message
> On Nov 16, 12:51 pm, "Wayne Paul" > wrote:
>
>> Was that on the ruddervators of the your old HP-11?
>
> Just so. After the mylars departed the formation I made another set
> out of the traditional beryllium-copper but had a great deal of
> trouble applying them. By the time I got them on and sort of straight
> they were badly kinked. In action they seemed to add quite a bit of
> friction and were scratching the paint on the ruddervator. I stripped
> them off before even trying to fly with them.
>
> Thanks, Bob K.

Bob,

I have metal seals on my HP-14. I assume they are beryllium-copper. They
have a couple of kinks that scratch the control surfaces. They need to be
replaced. Any suggestions?

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/HP-14/N990/N990.html

Mike[_8_]
November 17th 07, 05:48 AM
Hi Bob,

I will be able to trim about 1/2" off.

N5724 has 3" mylars on the wings now, and never seemed to have been a
problem.

The old metal seals had the same problems that Wayne is experiencing
on his HP-14.

Regards,

Mike

On Nov 16, 12:12 pm, Bob Kuykendall > wrote:
> On Nov 15, 9:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
>
> > 100" of 78mm precurved mylar needed...
>
> Eek, 78mm is over 3" wide. That's wicked huge. When I made a set of
> Mylar seals that wide, they buzzed off on the first tow.
>
> Thanks, Bob K.

Google