PDA

View Full Version : Airbus 340 "Accident"

Jim[_8_]
November 22nd 07, 12:27 AM
I have a dot pps file with several pictures I haven't seen here. Anyone
interested?

jim

whogoes
November 22nd 07, 02:00 AM
Of course !

"Jim" <jaahrens NOSPAM at yahoo dot com> wrote in message
>I have a dot pps file with several pictures I haven't seen here. Anyone
>interested?
>
> jim

Jim[_8_]
November 22nd 07, 02:26 AM
O.K. Here goes

"Jim" <jaahrens NOSPAM at yahoo dot com> wrote in message
>I have a dot pps file with several pictures I haven't seen here. Anyone
>interested?
>
> jim

Scubabix
November 22nd 07, 03:18 AM
"Jim" <jaahrens NOSPAM at yahoo dot com> wrote in message
> O.K. Here goes

Damn, I guess Airbus needs to add a new test to their program. Can the
airframe survive being dropped over a concrete barrier? I'm sure glad there
were no fatalities.

Rob

Jack G[_2_]
November 22nd 07, 03:30 AM
I immediately think of a guillotine victim when I see those pictures -
gruesome.

Jack G

"Jim" <jaahrens NOSPAM at yahoo dot com> wrote in message
>I have a dot pps file with several pictures I haven't seen here. Anyone
>interested?
>
> jim

whogoes
November 22nd 07, 10:44 PM
Amazing, it looks as though it hit it with some speed, you can see the
scrape marks of the engine cowling as it slid along the wall
A bit of panel beating and a buff up and you'll never know it was in an
accident

"Jim" <jaahrens NOSPAM at yahoo dot com> wrote in message
> O.K. Here goes
>

> "Jim" <jaahrens NOSPAM at yahoo dot com> wrote in message
>>I have a dot pps file with several pictures I haven't seen here. Anyone
>>interested?
>>
>> jim

Maple1
November 22nd 07, 11:47 PM
It is a blast fence I have no Idea why the jet would be facing the blast
fence on a run up. It does not look like he went straight into the fence
though more of an angle. To be sure next time they do a test you think
they will point the right way?

HiFlyer
November 23rd 07, 04:57 AM
There were probably more than one blast fence in terh run-up area. He
likley had his engines pointed at one of them and then moved forward
to hit another blast fence..... at a prertty good speed.

HF

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 23:47:25 GMT, Maple1 > wrote:

>It is a blast fence I have no Idea why the jet would be facing the blast
>fence on a run up. It does not look like he went straight into the fence
>though more of an angle. To be sure next time they do a test you think
>they will point the right way?

The Raven
November 23rd 07, 05:19 AM
"whogoes" > wrote in message
> Amazing, it looks as though it hit it with some speed, you can see the
> scrape marks of the engine cowling as it slid along the wall
> A bit of panel beating and a buff up and you'll never know it was in an
> accident

Well the pointy end needs more than a buff. I wouldn't want to be flying
business class (or in the cockpit) of that plane.

Paul Elliot
November 24th 07, 05:19 AM
"The Raven" > wrote in message
u...
> "whogoes" > wrote in message
>> Amazing, it looks as though it hit it with some speed, you can see the
>> scrape marks of the engine cowling as it slid along the wall
>> A bit of panel beating and a buff up and you'll never know it was in an
>> accident
>
> Well the pointy end needs more than a buff. I wouldn't want to be flying
> business class (or in the cockpit) of that plane.

I would imagine that the airframe is a write-off.

Markus Baur[_2_]
November 24th 07, 08:00 AM
Paul Elliot wrote:

> I would imagine that the airframe is a write-off.

it might be possible that the wings and the stern section is
salvageable ...

servus

markus

Comcast Newsgroup
November 25th 07, 12:13 AM
MB> Paul Elliot wrote:

>> I would imagine that the airframe is a write-off.

MB> it might be possible that the wings and the stern section is
MB> salvageable ...

MB> servus

MB> markus

They need to call Red Green. A few rolls of duct tape will put her right!

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Google