PDA

View Full Version : Prop bolt torque setting

Whunicut
September 3rd 03, 01:51 PM
For a Continental 0-300. Flange uses 8, 3/8 bolts. Had the torque value written
down but cant find it and memory fails.

Any help appreciated.

Warren

Jim
September 4th 03, 06:21 AM
3/8 X 24 is 190 inch pounds ( about 15 Ft. lb. ) typical but depends on
material being torqued against, wood or metal. For 8 bolts it sounds fine. I
used 18 ft lb. on my six Lycoming bolts on a 5 lam wood prop.

just an opinion mindya
Jim

"Whunicut" > wrote in message
> For a Continental 0-300. Flange uses 8, 3/8 bolts. Had the torque value
written
> down but cant find it and memory fails.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Warren

Whunicut
September 4th 03, 12:12 PM
>3/8 X 24 is 190 inch pounds ( about 15 Ft. lb. ) typical but depends on
>material being torqued against, wood or metal. For 8 bolts it sounds fine. I
>used 18 ft lb. on my six Lycoming bolts on a 5 lam wood prop.
>
>just an opinion mindya
>Jim
>

>"Whunicut" > wrote in message
>> For a Continental 0-300. Flange uses 8, 3/8 bolts. Had the torque value
>written
>> down but cant find it and memory fails.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Warren

Thanks to all who responded.
I got smart, finally, and went to the Sensenich web site. The correct torque
for 3/8 prop bolts is......280/300 in.lbs.

Google