PDA

View Full Version : Playing Russian Roulette on gliderpilot.net

Del C
December 29th 07, 11:01 AM
Hi,

It works like this. You spend a long time writing a
learned technical, instructional, or witty piece, and
then try to post it onto gliderpilot.net. The 'fun'
comes from seeing whether it will be accepted, or disappear
into a black hole somewhere in the electronic ether!

I have learned the hard way to make copies on Wordpad,
so at least I can try again. Any chance of a fix for
this black hole Andy?

Del C

Shawn[_4_]
December 29th 07, 04:07 PM
Del C wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It works like this. You spend a long time writing a
> learned technical, instructional, or witty piece, and
> then try to post it onto gliderpilot.net. The 'fun'
> comes from seeing whether it will be accepted, or disappear
> into a black hole somewhere in the electronic ether!
>

> I have learned the hard way to make copies on Wordpad,
> so at least I can try again. Any chance of a fix for
> this black hole Andy?

Sorry if this is old news but...Does your ISP provide Usenet access?
Gliderpilot.net is a web piggyback on ras, as is Google Groups. If you
have Usenet access via your ISP (check their FAQ page) it's a much
easier way to access all kinds of groups.

Shawn

Dan G
December 29th 07, 09:38 PM
On Dec 29, 4:07*pm, Shawn > wrote:

> Sorry if this is old news but...Does your ISP provide Usenet access?
> Gliderpilot.net is a web piggyback on ras, as is Google Groups. *If you
> have Usenet access via your ISP (check their FAQ page) it's a much
> easier way to access all kinds of groups.

"Uras" (gliderpilot.net) isn't a newsgroup, it's a website and email
server styled to look like one. The only true soaring Usenet newsgroup
is RAS.

I'm not really sure why anyone bothers with uras as it's mind-
crushingly slow but, hey, it's up to them.

Dan

Google