PDA

View Full Version : Swallow, concluded - Me 262 V 10 with DFS air trailer - for 500, 1000kg or 900L drop tank 1.jpg (1/1)

Mitchell Holman
January 4th 08, 01:05 PM

Michael Huber[_2_]
January 4th 08, 04:53 PM
Bruce R wrote:

> Any idea as to what it's purpose was??

I'm guessing carrying a 500 or 1000kg bomb or a 900L drop tank.

muff528
January 5th 08, 04:05 PM
"Michael Huber" > wrote in message
> Bruce R wrote:
>
>> Any idea as to what it's purpose was??
>
> I'm guessing carrying a 500 or 1000kg bomb or a 900L drop tank.

Yes, the book, "Me262 Stormbird Rising" by Hugh Morgan, shows similar photos
of this configuration and refers to it as the "Deichselschlepp towed bomb".
Attached to the 262 by a 4-meter tow bar. A further interesting note was
that the wings of the towed bomb were taken from a V1.

TP

Google