PDA

View Full Version : Gliding holiday feature in The Times newspaper - bad PR?

Dan G
January 5th 08, 10:30 PM
http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/destinations/england/article3131599.ece

I'd be interested to know what the group thinks of this.

Dan

January 5th 08, 11:17 PM
On Jan 5, 2:30*pm, Dan G > wrote:
> http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/destination...
>
> I'd be interested to know what the group thinks of this.
>
> Dan

Too bad that other chap had the bad taste to crash in front of the
press. Otherwise a very positive piece. Most clubs do rides for the
media every so often, but the five-day course seems like an even
better way to get good coverage for the sport.

9B

January 6th 08, 12:36 AM
Over all it's pretty good. Sounds like the student had a good time
but he talks a lot about being fearful. It's hard to learn when you
are scared. I hope someone gave him some attention around that. Too
bad about the crash. I wonder why THAT happened?

MM

On Jan 5, 4:30*pm, Dan G > wrote:
> http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/destination...
>
> I'd be interested to know what the group thinks of this.
>
> Dan

Del C
January 6th 08, 11:50 AM
At 00:42 06 January 2008, wrote:
>Over all it's pretty good. Sounds like the student
>had a good time
>but he talks a lot about being fearful. It's hard
>to learn when you
>are scared. I hope someone gave him some attention
>around that. Too
>bad about the crash. I wonder why THAT happened?
>
>MM

Geezer with more money than experience stalled in a
motorised glider. There are no new types of accident!!

Del C

ContestID67
January 6th 08, 12:55 PM
You know it's an odd thing - the general public seems to think that we
will crash and takes it in stride. They liken it to some daredevil
sport. On two occassions I have seen middling accidents with
experienced pilots who have a paying innocent bystanding for a guest.
The guest gets out and thinks nothing of it. Luckily no one was hurt.

Google