PDA

View Full Version : StopADS-B.org website finally up and running

Ron Lee[_2_]
February 12th 08, 07:06 PM
Since I am not a HTML guy, it is very simplistic but hopefully this
will encourage more people to comment on this worthless, onerous NPRM
before the comment period ends on 3 March 2008

http://stopads-b.org/ADS.htm

Ron Lee

February 15th 08, 03:39 PM
On Feb 12, 11:06*am, (Ron Lee) wrote:
> Since I am not a HTML guy, it is very simplistic but hopefully this
> will encourage more people to comment on this worthless, onerous NPRM
> before the comment period ends on 3 March 2008

Ron,

The link in your post is to the old NPRM with the Jan 3 deadline. Can
we use that docket number, or is there a new one needed? Even better,
can you post a link to the place we can go online to comment. Posting
that in your message to this group, as well as including it on your
web site, would probably increase participation.

I agree that, unless the cost comes down, it would be a disaster. At a
more reasonable cost, including a cockpit display, I would be for it.
But there has to be a condition that requires it to be affordable. I
fly a glider, so it would also have to be low power. And then there's
the 337 issue. Adding a simple piece of TSO'ed avionics should NOT be
considered a major modification to airframe, but tends to be seen that
way by the FAA.

Thanks for alerting us to this and for your efforts in general. It is
a serious issue.

Martin

Ron Lee[_2_]
February 15th 08, 04:16 PM
>The link in your post is to the old NPRM with the Jan 3 deadline. Can
>we use that docket number, or is there a new one needed? Even better,
>can you post a link to the place we can go online to comment. Posting
>that in your message to this group, as well as including it on your
>web site, would probably increase participation.

Martin, the link I have on my website provides the correct version of
the NPRM (26 pages federal register document).

I did clarify my website so hopefully it is easier to get.

All you need is to click on elements of the second line which is
FAA-2007-29305-0002. The title is "Automatic Dependent
Surveillance--Broadcast (ADS-B) Out Performance Requirements To
Support Air Traffic Control (ATC) Service"

Either click on the Adobe link under the "Views" column" or the adda a
comment bubble at the far right to add a comment.

Thanks for any comments you can add to stop this boneheaded FAA idea.

Ron Lee

Larry Dighera
February 15th 08, 06:54 PM
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 07:39:28 -0800 (PST), wrote
in
>:

>Even better,
>can you post a link to the place we can go online to comment.

Readers can comment on this Airline boondoggle NPRM here:

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2007/pdf/E7-22544.pdf
You may send comments identified by Docket Number FAA–
2007–29305 using any of the following
methods:
• Federal eRulemaking Portal: Go to
http://www.regulations.gov and follow
the instructions for sending your
comments electronically.

• Mail: Send comments to Docket
Operations, M–30, U.S. Department of
Transportation, 1200 New Jersey
Avenue, SE., West Building Ground
Floor, Room W12–140, Washington, DC
20590.

• Fax: Fax comments to Docket
Operations at 202–493–2251.

• Hand Delivery: Bring comments to
Docket Operations in Room W12–140 of
the West Building Ground Floor at 1200
New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington,
DC, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday
through Friday, except Federal holidays.

To submit your comments on-line, go here:
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/custom/jsp/search/quicksearch/fdmsQuickSearch.jsp
and enter '29305' in the Docket ID box. Click the docket link, and
you will see all the comments. In the right hand Add Comments column
you will see yellow balloons. To add your comment, click the top
balloon. It's in the second row titled FAA-2007-29305-0002.

Google