Anyone here working on a KIS TR-1?

Evan

RobertR237
September 12th 03, 03:23 PM
In article >, Evan Carew
> writes:

>Anyone here working on a KIS TR-1?
>
>Evan

I run the builders web site for the KIS TR-4 and KIS TR-1 and I am building the
TR-4.
What would you like to know?

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Barnyard BOb --
September 12th 03, 09:22 PM
>Anyone here working on a KIS TR-1?
>
>Evan
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bob Reed claims to be building a KIS.

I've never seen him work on a thing.....
'cept jaun's jimenez's head. No way
will that ever amount to much.

Barnyard BOb --

Evan Carew
September 15th 03, 05:46 PM
Robert,

Well for starters, where's you web site. As I said, I am working on a
TR-1, and am comming up to the point where I am putting the final
touches on, and I am looking for a community of similar builders who I
can ask questions of.

Evan

RobertR237 wrote:
> In article >, Evan Carew
> > writes:
>

>>Anyone here working on a KIS TR-1?
>>
>>Evan
>>

> I run the builders web site for the KIS TR-4 and KIS TR-1 and I am building the
> TR-4.
> What would you like to know?
>

> Bob Reed
> www.kisbuild.r-a-reed-assoc.com (KIS Builders Site)
> KIS Cruiser in progress...Slow but steady progress....
>
> "Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
> pull down your pants and Slide on the Ice!"
> (M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Gig Giacona
September 15th 03, 06:20 PM
READ HIS SIGNATURE..... You might just find it.....

"Evan Carew" > wrote in message
> Robert,
>
> Well for starters, where's you web site. As I said, I am working on a
> TR-1, and am comming up to the point where I am putting the final
> touches on, and I am looking for a community of similar builders who I
> can ask questions of.
>
> Evan
>
> RobertR237 wrote:
> > In article >, Evan Carew
> > > writes:
> >

> >>Anyone here working on a KIS TR-1?
> >>
> >>Evan
> >>

> > I run the builders web site for the KIS TR-4 and KIS TR-1 and I am
building the
> > TR-4.
> > What would you like to know?
> >

> > Bob Reed
> > www.kisbuild.r-a-reed-assoc.com (KIS Builders Site)
> > KIS Cruiser in progress...Slow but steady progress....
> >
> > "Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
> > pull down your pants and Slide on the Ice!"
> > (M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

RobertR237
September 16th 03, 12:11 AM
In article >, Evan Carew
> writes:

>Robert,
>
>Well for starters, where's you web site. As I said, I am working on a
>TR-1, and am comming up to the point where I am putting the final
>touches on, and I am looking for a community of similar builders who I
>can ask questions of.
>
>Evan

UH, well, you are going to kick yourself for not looking but please do so
now...my signature line has my web address clearly identified.

You will find information on joining the KISBUILDERS newsgroup on my web site.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Evan Carew
September 16th 03, 02:42 PM
Robert,

Hmm, seems I have been to this site before. I also remember trying to
send you some email from an address I found on the site, but I got no
reply. Well, its nice to finally get in contact with you.

At the time, I wanted to get some help with tricks on mounting the wing.
A task I am now an expert on. Now I am looking on advice on appropriate
fasteners for use in mounting the cowling & advice in ducting the engine.

I recently saw somebody's pulsar which had a jibaru engine with
fiberglass duct work on the engine. Will this work? I thought that the
temperatures in the engine compartment got too hot for that.

Evan

RobertR237 wrote:
> In article >, Evan Carew
> > writes:
>

>>Robert,
>>
>>Well for starters, where's you web site. As I said, I am working on a
>>TR-1, and am comming up to the point where I am putting the final
>>touches on, and I am looking for a community of similar builders who I
>>can ask questions of.
>>
>>Evan

Evan Carew
September 16th 03, 02:44 PM
Robert,

BTW, if I have additions to the TR-1 manual, could I add them to the site?

Evan

RobertR237
September 16th 03, 04:20 PM
In article >, Evan Carew
> writes:

>Robert,
>
>BTW, if I have additions to the TR-1 manual, could I add them to the site?
>
>Evan

I not only welcome but encourage contributions to the site from ALL the
builders. If you have additions to the builders manual, I would be happy to
add them as an addendum. The current manuals on the site are a collection of
updates from several builders and from Vance Vaqua who helped work on the
originals. There are builders manuals and owners operating manuals for both
aircraft.

I would also like to add any photo contributions on your building progress as
well.

Just e-mail anything you would like to add directly to me and I will try to get
them posted as soon as possible. (That is not always right away but it will
get done eventually.) Take everything after the ".com" off of ".composite" to
get my email address. Also, join the builders newsgroup so that you can ask
questions directly of other TR-1 builders.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Snowbird
September 16th 03, 04:42 PM
(RobertR237) wrote in message >...

> KIS Cruiser in progress...Slow but steady progress....

Progress is good.

Robert, I sent you an email 'bout week and a half ago
with some contact info. If you don't need it, congrats
and Nevah Mind. If you didn't get it and would like
it, drop me a line.

hoeltzli at swbell dot net

sydney@followupRus

RobertR237
September 17th 03, 05:34 AM
In article >,
(Snowbird) writes:

>Robert, I sent you an email 'bout week and a half ago
>with some contact info. If you don't need it, congrats
>and Nevah Mind. If you didn't get it and would like
>it, drop me a line.
>
>hoeltzli at swbell dot net
>
>sydney@followupRus

Sydney,

I dug back and could not find it in my files. I then went to the deleted files
on AOL and found the email. I didn't recognize the email address and the "long
lost contacts" subject caused me to move it to the trash files. I have pulled
it out and will do a follow-up on it. Yes, I am interested. Things have
improved a little and I have enough to get through the end of the year but
nothing permanent.

Thanks again,

All help is gratefully accepted.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Evan Carew
September 17th 03, 09:09 PM
Robert,

This is the second posting in which you mentioned the builders news
group (KISBUILDERS?). Where can I find this newsgroup?

Evan
> Just e-mail anything you would like to add directly to me and I will try to get
> them posted as soon as possible. (That is not always right away but it will
> get done eventually.) Take everything after the ".com" off of ".composite" to
> get my email address. Also, join the builders newsgroup so that you can ask
> questions directly of other TR-1 builders.

Evan Carew
September 17th 03, 09:27 PM
Ok, I don't normally respond to my own questions, but I see that there
is a list server on the EAA site called kisbuilders. I just joined.
Thanks for the pointer.

Evan

Evan Carew wrote:
> Robert,
>
> This is the second posting in which you mentioned the builders news
> group (KISBUILDERS?). Where can I find this newsgroup?
>
> Evan

RobertR237
September 17th 03, 10:04 PM
In article >, Evan Carew
> writes:

>Robert,
>
>This is the second posting in which you mentioned the builders news
>group (KISBUILDERS?). Where can I find this newsgroup?
>
>Evan

On the opening page of the web site you will find the instructions in bright
red lettering. See below:

There is a great KIS builders email list that you are encouraged to join if you
are a builder or interested in becoming one. To join, send an email to
with the word "subscribe kisbuilders" in the body
of the email.

We welcome your participation.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

RobertR237
September 18th 03, 01:00 AM
In article >, Evan Carew
> writes:

>Thanks bob,
>
>BTW, the list in questions is SLOOOOWWWWW. In the same time span as you
>& I have exchanged 3 messages, I have only gotten 1 through to the list
>at engus.mystery.com.
>
>Evan

It varies, I have sent e-mails to it an received them before I got off line.
Other times I think they have gotten lost. I don't know the difference but
most of the time the response is quite good.

PS: Just checked my email and saw all your responses. Appears to be working.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Google