PDA

View Full Version : COFFEE

B.C. MALLAM
February 16th 08, 03:42 PM
Back in the 60's someone had figured out how many gallons of coffee the Navy
consumed a day, I don't remember the number. Anyone have some idea?

Mike Kanze
February 18th 08, 07:13 PM
While times have changed considerably since the 1960s (the USN is much smaller these days), I suspect it still consumes enough coffee to wire a major metropolitan area.

--
Mike Kanze (who separated from the USN with an 11 cup/day habit and a permanent crook in his index finger)

"To err is human, but to really screw it up takes the Berkeley City Council."

- Berkeley City Councilman Gordon Wozniak, after the Council withdrew its resolution attacking local US Marine Corps recruiters as "unwelcome intruders."

"B.C. MALLAM" > wrote in message ...
Back in the 60's someone had figured out how many gallons of coffee the Navy
consumed a day, I don't remember the number. Anyone have some idea?

Mike Kanze
February 20th 08, 01:03 AM
>the very first item of business was to set up the coffee mess.

A tale of the South Pacific, from my Dad, a former Chief Aviation Pilot (i.e., a NAP) in VF-10...

When the USS ENTERPRISE (CV-6) put its air group ashore in the New Hebrides (today Vanuatu) in 1942, the first order of business was the renovation of the runway.

The second was the construction of the CPO Mess.

All other facilities took lower priority.

--
Mike Kanze

"To err is human, but to really screw it up takes the Berkeley City Council."

- Berkeley City Councilman Gordon Wozniak, after the Council withdrew its resolution last week attacking local US Marine Corps recruiters as "unwelcome intruders."

"Greasy Rider" > wrote in message ...

"B.C. MALLAM" > wrote in message
> Back in the 60's someone had figured out how many gallons of coffee the
> Navy
> consumed a day, I don't remember the number. Anyone have some idea?

When we deployed back in the 50's, the very first item of business was to
set up the coffee mess. After that we fixed airplanes.

--
USMC Airdale 55-61

http://tinyurl.com/2h98ax

Google