PDA

View Full Version : Ferry pilot's book?

Dallas
February 27th 08, 07:07 PM
Not long ago NW_Pilot was talking about a book he read that got him started
in the business. (Unless I'm imagining it), I recall it being by the
preeminent ferry pilot in the business. I can't find a reference to it
now.

Anybody know the title?

--
Dallas

xxx
February 27th 08, 08:06 PM
On Feb 27, 11:07 am, Dallas > wrote:
> Not long ago NW_Pilot was talking about a book he read that got him started
> in the business. (Unless I'm imagining it), I recall it being by the
> preeminent ferry pilot in the business. I can't find a reference to it
> now.
>
> Anybody know the title?
>
> --
> Dallas

Air Vagabonds: Oceans, Airmen, and a Quest for Adventure
by Anthony Vallone

It's OK, but the prose gets awfully purple. Typical of the first-time
amateur author.

gman
February 27th 08, 10:13 PM
On Feb 27, 1:06 pm, xxx > wrote:
> On Feb 27, 11:07 am, Dallas > wrote:
>
> > Not long ago NW_Pilot was talking about a book he read that got him started
> > in the business. (Unless I'm imagining it), I recall it being by the
> > preeminent ferry pilot in the business. I can't find a reference to it
> > now.
>
> > Anybody know the title?
>
> > --
> > Dallas
>
> Air Vagabonds: Oceans, Airmen, and a Quest for Adventure
> by Anthony Vallone
>
> It's OK, but the prose gets awfully purple. Typical of the first-time
> amateur author.

This may not be the one you are talking about but I liked "So You Want
to be a Ferry Pilot". It's a fun read!

Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/So-You-Want-Ferry-Pilot/dp/1412010667

Dallas
February 28th 08, 06:48 AM
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:13:10 -0800 (PST), gman wrote:

> This may not be the one you are talking about but I liked "So You Want
> to be a Ferry Pilot". It's a fun read!

Both Air Vagabonds and this book sound good...

decisions, decisions..
--
Dallas

February 29th 08, 11:10 AM
On Feb 27, 10:48 pm, Dallas > wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:13:10 -0800 (PST), gman wrote:
> > This may not be the one you are talking about but I liked "So You Want
> > to be a Ferry Pilot". It's a fun read!
>
> Both Air Vagabonds and this book sound good...
>
> decisions, decisions..
> --
> Dallas

Support Spike he has a few other good books also, they all held my
attention and I finished them...... Plus I have personalized signed
copies from the author yea all 3 books.

February 29th 08, 11:11 AM
On Feb 27, 10:48 pm, Dallas > wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:13:10 -0800 (PST), gman wrote:
> > This may not be the one you are talking about but I liked "So You Want
> > to be a Ferry Pilot". It's a fun read!
>
> Both Air Vagabonds and this book sound good...
>
> decisions, decisions..
> --
> Dallas

Oh the boys who bring in the crop is really good for tanked over gross
operations.

Dallas
March 1st 08, 04:30 PM
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 03:10:48 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

> Support Spike he has a few other good books also

Ok... thanks.

--
Dallas

Google