PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Airplanes, pt 5 - iai arava honduras.jpg (1/1)

Mitchell Holman
March 1st 08, 12:44 PM

CWO4 Dave Mann
March 2nd 08, 03:50 AM
Bobby Galvez wrote:

> Hey ... I flew in that airplane about 25 years ago in Honduras!
>
> Ugly and slow, but it did its job!
>
> BobbyG

She was a regular going in and out of "T-Gotcha" (Tegulcigalpa) when I
was down at TFB. I heard that she hit the mountain after the take off
shimmy to the left and max climbout ... around 1996 I think.

Gene Park
March 2nd 08, 09:55 AM
I was a student pilot in 1971 and attended an air show at Brewster, WA and
took these photos. I just found the negatives and downloaded them.
Hope you enjoy the photos.
The Flybaby seems to have been converted to a monoplane since I took the
photo.

This link shows it still as a biplane:
http://1000aircraftphotos.com/AmateurBuilt/904.htm

And today:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/

Apparently the Texan is in museum now in Texas. The Wild Goose was destroyed
in a crash near Keizer, Oregon. Fuel line disconnected the pilot made a
wheels down water landing.

The Pitts was destroyed and pilot killed at Vancouver, WA 21 August 1977.
The Cessna 120 is apparently alive and well in Alaska. The Bucker
Jungmeister is apparently also still active.

Gene
Lake Oswego, OR

Google