PDA

View Full Version : KC-30

Big John[_2_]
March 1st 08, 07:09 PM
Just announced today.

Air Force selected the KC-30 as their new tanker.

Big John

Blueskies
March 1st 08, 09:49 PM
"Big John" > wrote in message ...
> Just announced today.
>
> Air Force selected the KC-30 as their new tanker.
>
> Big John

KC-45A...gotta keep it a moving target so no-one will figure out it is not a US of A airframe!

Kingfish
March 3rd 08, 04:22 PM
On Mar 1, 4:49*pm, "Blueskies" > wrote:
> "Big John" > wrote in messagenews:04fhs390clbi3toqsgichr64gd2202ghfu@4ax .com...
> > Just announced today.
>
> > Air Force selected the KC-30 as their new tanker.
>
> > Big John
>
> KC-45A...gotta keep it a moving target so no-one will figure out it is not a US of A airframe!

I was surprised to read that this morning. My company does production
forecasting for defense & aerospace programs. Many (including us) had
Boeing's KC-767 winning the contract. Interesting how many major
programs are foreign-sourced. UH-72A, C-27J, and now the KC-45A. While
these aircraft may be built and/or assembled in the US, they're still
foreign.

akjcbkJA
March 3rd 08, 07:30 PM
"Kingfish" > wrote in message
On Mar 1, 4:49 pm, "Blueskies" > wrote:
> "Big John" > wrote in
> messagenews:04fhs390clbi3toqsgichr64gd2202ghfu@4ax .com...
> > Just announced today.
>
> > Air Force selected the KC-30 as their new tanker.
>
> > Big John
>
> KC-45A...gotta keep it a moving target so no-one will figure out it is not
> a US of A airframe!

I was surprised to read that this morning. My company does production
forecasting for defense & aerospace programs. Many (including us) had
Boeing's KC-767 winning the contract. Interesting how many major
programs are foreign-sourced. UH-72A, C-27J, and now the KC-45A. While
these aircraft may be built and/or assembled in the US, they're still
foreign.

Like the Harrier too.

Kingfish
March 4th 08, 04:08 PM
On Mar 3, 2:30*pm, "akjcbkJA" > wrote:
> "Kingfish" > wrote in message

> On Mar 1, 4:49 pm, "Blueskies" > wrote:
>
> > "Big John" > wrote in
> > messagenews:04fhs390clbi3toqsgichr64gd2202ghfu@4ax .com...
> > > Just announced today.
>
> > > Air Force selected the KC-30 as their new tanker.
>
> > > Big John
>
> > KC-45A...gotta keep it a moving target so no-one will figure out it is not
> > a US of A airframe!
>
> I was surprised to read that this morning. My company does production
> forecasting for defense & aerospace programs. Many (including us) had
> Boeing's KC-767 winning the contract. Interesting how many major
> programs are foreign-sourced. UH-72A, C-27J, and now the KC-45A. While
> these aircraft may be built and/or assembled in the US, they're still
> foreign.
>
> Like the Harrier too.

No surprise, I read today Speaker Pelosi wants Congress to investigate
the KC-X decision to see if the USAF took into account the loss of US
jobs and the security issue of a foreign sourced aircraft. Oy. I guess
they don't know how many jobs are being created in Mobile where the
KC-45A will be assembled and all the 1000's of other US jobs to
support that program. I don't see Boeing drying up and blowing away
over the loss of the KC-X. They have several thousand airliners on
backorder which will keep them busy for a while, plus their huge
defense business. Many US Jobs will be created, just not in Everett.
Now I'm waiting for Boeing to announce they're challenging the
decision - seems that's become the knee-jerk reaction to any company
that loses a competition nowadays. (reference the USAF CSAR-X program)

Google