PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays storm in Hamburg

Ron
March 2nd 08, 03:15 PM
Pretty scary, if you ask me!
http://www.liveleak.com/player2.swf?token=ddb_1204404185
(Server may be busy, and report the file is not available. Simply refresh
your browser one or two times)

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Ron
March 2nd 08, 03:25 PM
And a picture of that same approach:
http://www.airliners.net/uf/view.file?id=536882887&filename=phpOltUWB.jpg

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Andrew Chaplin
March 2nd 08, 04:28 PM
"Ron" > wrote in message
> And a picture of that same approach:
> http://www.airliners.net/uf/view.file?id=536882887&filename=phpOltUWB.jpg

Holy f***, over!
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Robert Bixby
March 3rd 08, 01:20 AM
"Ron" > wrote in message
> And a picture of that same approach:
> http://www.airliners.net/uf/view.file?id=536882887&filename=phpOltUWB.jpg
>
> Ron
> --
> Non urinat in ventum
That's a testament to the construction that both wingtips impacted the
ground and the pilot was still able to fly it off.
Rob

TJ[_2_]
March 3rd 08, 01:26 AM
I am appalled that the crew would even attempt to land with a wind that
clearly exceeds the crosswind limitations of the aircraft. Lufthansa and the
authorities should withdraw their licences.

--
Regards,

TJ

"Ron" > wrote in message
> Pretty scary, if you ask me!
> http://www.liveleak.com/player2.swf?token=ddb_1204404185
> (Server may be busy, and report the file is not available. Simply refresh
> your browser one or two times)
>
> Ron
> --
> Non urinat in ventum

Bernd Rosemeier
March 3rd 08, 11:18 AM
Just to your information: This spot was all over the german tv news. In the
second attempt the plane landed absolutely normal and safe.

Bernd
"TJ" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I am appalled that the crew would even attempt to land with a wind that
>clearly exceeds the crosswind limitations of the aircraft. Lufthansa and
>the authorities should withdraw their licences.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> TJ
>

> "Ron" > wrote in message
>> Pretty scary, if you ask me!
>> http://www.liveleak.com/player2.swf?token=ddb_1204404185
>> (Server may be busy, and report the file is not available. Simply refresh
>> your browser one or two times)
>>
>> Ron
>> --
>> Non urinat in ventum

Dave Kearton
March 3rd 08, 11:53 AM
Bernd Rosemeier wrote:
>> Just to your information: This spot was all over the german tv news.
>> In the second attempt the plane landed absolutely normal and safe.

Thanks for the update, when did all this happen ?

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Bernd Rosemeier
March 3rd 08, 06:21 PM
We had a real stormy weekend in Europe

Name wass "Emma". Was a good blowjob:(

Bernd

"Dave Kearton" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Bernd Rosemeier wrote:
>>> Just to your information: This spot was all over the german tv news.
>>> In the second attempt the plane landed absolutely normal and safe.
>>>

> Thanks for the update, when did all this happen ?
>

> --
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave Kearton

Dave Kearton
March 3rd 08, 08:40 PM
Bernd Rosemeier wrote:
>> We had a real stormy weekend in Europe
>>
>> Name wass "Emma". Was a good blowjob:(
>>
>> Bernd

Ha, a girl named "Emma" ran into the back of my car yesterday morning.

She certainly gets around.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Bob Harrington
March 4th 08, 12:27 AM
"Robert Bixby" > wrote in
:

> "Ron" > wrote in message
>> And a picture of that same approach:
>> http://www.airliners.net/uf/view.file?id=536882887&filename=phpOltUWB.
>> jpg
>>
>> Ron
>> --
>> Non urinat in ventum
> That's a testament to the construction that both wingtips impacted the
> ground and the pilot was still able to fly it off.
> Rob

Seems like Boeing came up with a fairly spiffy solution to this problem
with the B-52 a few decades back.

Got to be just a ~little~ unnerving when the left-side passengers have a
better view of the approach than the pihots...

Bernd Rosemeier
March 4th 08, 08:01 AM
"Dave Kearton" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Bernd Rosemeier wrote:
>>> We had a real stormy weekend in Europe
>>>
>>> Name wass "Emma". Was a good blowjob:(
>>>
>>> Bernd
>>>

> Ha, a girl named "Emma" ran into the back of my car yesterday morning.
>

> She certainly gets around.

Send pics!!>
> Cheers
>
> Dave Kearton

Bernd

JOE LUPTON
March 10th 08, 01:37 AM
Speaking as a retired pilot, most likely, if the crew hadn't attempted the
landing, their chief pilot would have wanted to know why. In any case, if
you can't keep it on the centerline , you go around.

For two years, I flew the Belfast boxcar, a Short 3-30. It's square fuselage
made landing in strong crosswinds a real bear. Even after getting it on the
ground, you couldn't relax until you were slow enough to taxi off of the
runway.

I once made three attempts to land at PHL. I could get the upwind main on
the ground, but as soon as I tried to lower the down wind wing, it would
start heading for the edge. It took almost full aileron to hold the wing
down! I was finally able to complete the landing after rolling on one wheel
for several thousand feet until the wind let up a few seconds and I could
complete the touchdown. It may look scary, but it's all a part of flying.
Poor judgment would be trying to force the aircraft down resulting in an
accident!

JL

"TJ" > wrote in message
>I am appalled that the crew would even attempt to land with a wind that
>clearly exceeds the crosswind limitations of the aircraft. Lufthansa and
>the authorities should withdraw their licences.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> TJ
>

> "Ron" > wrote in message
>> Pretty scary, if you ask me!
>> http://www.liveleak.com/player2.swf?token=ddb_1204404185
>> (Server may be busy, and report the file is not available. Simply refresh
>> your browser one or two times)
>>
>> Ron
>> --
>> Non urinat in ventum