PDA

View Full Version : Whelen Strobe Help

March 5th 08, 09:06 PM
Is there anyone around who can repair a strobe power pack that Whelen
does not want to fix ? It apparently needs some capacitors but they
wont fix it because of its age. Is there someone serving the
homebuilt / experimental group who can do these repairs

Thanks
Steve M

Rich S.[_1_]
March 6th 08, 04:53 PM
> wrote in message
> Is there anyone around who can repair a strobe power pack that Whelen
> does not want to fix ? It apparently needs some capacitors but they
> wont fix it because of its age. Is there someone serving the
> homebuilt / experimental group who can do these repairs
>
> Thanks
> Steve M

If you find someone, compare the cost of repair to a replacement unit at
http://www.strobesnmore.com/.

Rich S.

Larry D. Cosby
March 7th 08, 03:55 AM
> wrote in message
> Is there anyone around who can repair a strobe power pack that Whelen
> does not want to fix ? It apparently needs some capacitors but they
> wont fix it because of its age. Is there someone serving the
> homebuilt / experimental group who can do these repairs
>
> Thanks
> Steve M

Hey Steve

What part of the country do you live in? If you are around Georgia I can
replace some caps for you. Cost would be $40.00 plus parts.
Larry

Google