PDA

View Full Version : Glider and tow pilots wanted

Brian[_6_]
March 7th 08, 02:50 PM
Glider and tow pilots needed for summer ride operation at Sunriver
Resort in Oregon. 2-32 and Pawnee experience required. Beautiful
site, great benefits. FFI contact .

March 9th 08, 04:07 AM
On Mar 7, 7:50 am, Brian > wrote:
> Glider and tow pilots needed for summer ride operation at Sunriver
> Resort in Oregon. 2-32 and Pawnee experience required. Beautiful
> site, great benefits. FFI contact .

I clicked on all the pages.
Gee, I wonder where Sunriver Soaring is. Your message says Oregon.
Unless I missed it, the website doesn't even say that.

Brian[_6_]
March 9th 08, 04:18 AM
On Mar 8, 8:07 pm, wrote:
> On Mar 7, 7:50 am, Brian > wrote:
>
> > Glider and tow pilots needed for summer ride operation at Sunriver
> > Resort in Oregon. 2-32 and Pawnee experience required. Beautiful
> > site, great benefits. FFI contact .
>
> I clicked on all the pages.
> Gee, I wonder where Sunriver Soaring is. Your message says Oregon.
> Unless I missed it, the website doesn't even say that.

Holy Cow! How did we screw that up?! It's our first run on the
website. Thanks for the catch. I guess we sometimes make assumptions
we shouldn't make. Yes, we're in Oregon. Sunriver is about fifteen
miles south of Bend on Hwy 97. We'll make the necessary changes to
the website. Many thanks!

Wayne Paul
March 9th 08, 06:04 AM
> wrote in message
> On Mar 7, 7:50 am, Brian > wrote:
>> Glider and tow pilots needed for summer ride operation at Sunriver
>> Resort in Oregon. 2-32 and Pawnee experience required. Beautiful
>> site, great benefits. FFI contact .
>
> I clicked on all the pages.
> Gee, I wonder where Sunriver Soaring is. Your message says Oregon.
> Unless I missed it, the website doesn't even say that.

Type 43 52' 35"N, 121 27' 11"W in the GoogleEarth search window. Zoom in
and you can see two sailplanes being assembled on the Sunriver ramp.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

March 10th 08, 03:27 AM
On Mar 8, 11:04 pm, "Wayne Paul" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > On Mar 7, 7:50 am, Brian > wrote:
> >> Glider and tow pilots needed for summer ride operation at Sunriver
> >> Resort in Oregon. 2-32 and Pawnee experience required. Beautiful
> >> site, great benefits. FFI contact .
>
> > I clicked on all the pages.
> > Gee, I wonder where Sunriver Soaring is. Your message says Oregon.
> > Unless I missed it, the website doesn't even say that.
>
> Type 43 52' 35"N, 121 27' 11"W in the GoogleEarth search window. Zoom in
> and you can see two sailplanes being assembled on the Sunriver ramp.
>
> Wayne
> HP-14 "6F"http://www.soaridaho.com/

I've been in Phoenix too long. Is them TREES around Sunriver? Is it
as pretty there as it looks like it might be????

Eric Greenwell
March 10th 08, 03:54 AM
wrote:

> I've been in Phoenix too long. Is them TREES around Sunriver? Is it
> as pretty there as it looks like it might be????

It's gorgeous, and a LOT cooler than Phoenix during the summer, due to
the 4200' elevation and nearby mountains that drain off cool air in the
evening. Oh, good soaring, too!

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

March 10th 08, 04:00 AM
On Mar 9, 8:54 pm, Eric Greenwell > wrote:
> wrote:
> > I've been in Phoenix too long. Is them TREES around Sunriver? Is it
> > as pretty there as it looks like it might be????
>
> It's gorgeous, and a LOT cooler than Phoenix during the summer, due to
> the 4200' elevation and nearby mountains that drain off cool air in the
> evening. Oh, good soaring, too!
>
> --
> Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
> * Change "netto" to "net" to email me directly
>
> * Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
> * New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more
>
> * "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org

Is it a long range suburb for the Portland to Eugene sprawl? Is it
growing rapidly? Can a guy buy 40 decent acres without being a
millionaire?
I'm starting to look for a retirement area, and PHX ain't it! I don't
want to get sprawled upon.

Eric Greenwell
March 10th 08, 05:08 AM
wrote:
> On Mar 9, 8:54 pm, Eric Greenwell > wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> I've been in Phoenix too long. Is them TREES around Sunriver? Is it
>>> as pretty there as it looks like it might be????
>> It's gorgeous, and a LOT cooler than Phoenix during the summer, due to
>> the 4200' elevation and nearby mountains that drain off cool air in the
>> evening. Oh, good soaring, too!

> Is it a long range suburb for the Portland to Eugene sprawl? Is it
> growing rapidly? Can a guy buy 40 decent acres without being a
> millionaire?
> I'm starting to look for a retirement area, and PHX ain't it! I don't
> want to get sprawled upon.

It's in the wilds of Eastern Oregon, on the other side of the Cascade
Mountains from Eugene and Portland. So, plenty of land, not very many
people, BUT ... the Bend/Sunriver area is becoming very popular and land
values near them are rising rapidly. Get away from them, and you can
definitely find your 40 acres without being a millionaire. "Decent"
means different things to different people, so in some places farm land
is more expensive than beautiful wooded hills, and vice versa. Start
looking!

I should mention winter starts a bit early and lasts a bit longer, but
the skiing is good because of it. Make sure you find out how big a "bit" is.

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Al G[_1_]
March 10th 08, 03:44 PM
> wrote in message
> On Mar 9, 8:54 pm, Eric Greenwell > wrote:
>> wrote:
>> > I've been in Phoenix too long. Is them TREES around Sunriver? Is it
>> > as pretty there as it looks like it might be????
>>
>> It's gorgeous, and a LOT cooler than Phoenix during the summer, due to
>> the 4200' elevation and nearby mountains that drain off cool air in the
>> evening. Oh, good soaring, too!
>>
>> --
>> Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
>> * Change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

It is spectacular, you just have to go see.

There are a lot of Lava beds in the area, and should make for excellant
thermals.

Just on the east side of the Cascades, it is about 1 1/2 hours to Eugene or
Portland.

Cessna has a new factory in nearby Bend.

By the way, I've worked with Brian before, and he is as honest as they come
and we had a lot of fun.

Al G

>> * Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
>> * New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more
>>
>> * "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org
>
> Is it a long range suburb for the Portland to Eugene sprawl? Is it
> growing rapidly? Can a guy buy 40 decent acres without being a
> millionaire?
> I'm starting to look for a retirement area, and PHX ain't it! I don't
> want to get sprawled upon.

March 11th 08, 03:40 AM
On Mar 9, 10:08 pm, Eric Greenwell > wrote:

> I should mention winter starts a bit early and lasts a bit longer, but
> the skiing is good because of it. Make sure you find out how big a "bit" is.

I'm a former Minnesotan, eh. Honorary Canadian and all that. So the
snow and cool weather is a pretty good deal there.
I'll have to look into this area.
Thanks.

OH, and if you hear of 40 or so with a little water and a good price,
gimme a tip, please. ;<)

fredsez
March 12th 08, 12:12 AM
On Mar 10, 8:40*pm, wrote:
> On Mar 9, 10:08 pm, Eric Greenwell > wrote:
>
> > I should mention winter starts a bit early and lasts a bit longer, but
> > the skiing is good because of it. Make sure you find out how big a "bit" is.
>
> I'm a former Minnesotan, eh. *Honorary Canadian and all that. *So the
> snow and cool weather is a pretty good deal there.
> I'll have to look into this area.
> Thanks.
>
> OH, and if you hear of 40 or so with a little water and a good price,
> gimme a tip, please. ;<)

We PAY $35 BUCKS PER HOUR FOR AN INSTRUCTOR, IT COULD BE MORE. HELP
WITH HOUSING IS A BONUS OPEN YEAR ROUND WITH THE LARGEST COSTUMER BASE
IN THE WORLD. FRIENDLY AND BUSY.Customers HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO GIVE
$1000 TIPS. Year round soaring. A variety of gliders to fly.Very
pretty ladies fly with us. You have to be friendly,energetic but
conform to instructions at this field.
People who are willing to help with other things are a PLUS. One
instructor made $22,000 last year and had no living expenses. A&P a
plus IA big plus. Pawnee Pilot a plus.We plan to double our
businessin the near months.We need you.
Plenty money to support and achieve these goals/ Fred Robinson www.greartwestrn
soaring.com.Use www. faamasterpilot.com to makesure you connect me.
Call me personally at 661-944-1610 or 661-400 -2304 Do not be misled
by those who have failed.Very good opportunity. really good
references availabe.

Fred the Red Shirt
March 12th 08, 04:47 PM
On Mar 9, 12:18 am, Brian > wrote:
> On Mar 8, 8:07 pm, wrote:
>
> > On Mar 7, 7:50 am, Brian > wrote:
>
> > > Glider and tow pilots needed for summer ride operation at Sunriver
> > > Resort in Oregon. 2-32 and Pawnee experience required. Beautiful
> > > site, great benefits. FFI contact .
>
> > I clicked on all the pages.
> > Gee, I wonder where Sunriver Soaring is. Your message says Oregon.
> > Unless I missed it, the website doesn't even say that.
>
> Holy Cow! How did we screw that up?!

The same way a metric buttload of other business screw it
up. It is astonishing how many cash and carry business have
webpages that make no mention of the country, state or often
even city in which they are located. Some even have a helpful
map showing their location with respect to all of the streets
with a two or three city block radius.

Another fun one is "the bay area". I live in "the bay area".
The Chesapeake Bay Area to be precise, or at least
more precise than may who live in the San Francisco
Bay area...

--

FF

Fred the Red Shirt
March 19th 08, 04:47 PM
On Mar 12, 12:47 pm, Fred the Red Shirt >
wrote:
> On Mar 9, 12:18 am, Brian > wrote:
>
> >... Your message says Oregon.
> > > Unless I missed it, the website doesn't even say that.
>
> > Holy Cow! How did we screw that up?!
>
> The same way a metric buttload of other business screw it
> up. ...

I may have been unclear.

My point was that this is a very common mistake, even
made by businesses (or one presumes by people they
pay to their websites for them) when there is real money
at stake.

It's an easy mistake to make.

--

FF