PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Navy: Unmanned Combat Squadron by 2025

March 8th 08, 05:39 AM
See:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/UCAS03078.xml&headline=U.S.%20Navy:%20Unmanned%20Combat%20Squadr on%20by%202025&channel=defense

eatfastnoodle
March 8th 08, 08:51 PM
On Mar 7, 11:39*pm, wrote:
> See:
>
> http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/UCAS03078.xm...

So is Navy's goal realistic?

David E. Powell
March 8th 08, 09:07 PM
On Mar 8, 3:51*pm, eatfastnoodle > wrote:
> On Mar 7, 11:39*pm, wrote:
>
> > See:
>
> >http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/UCAS03078.xm....
>
> So is Navy's goal realistic?

The craft pictured looks like A-12. Or a navalized B2.

While it would be an ultimate "Killer app" and so on, I can see it.
The UAV trend is strong.

Fred J. McCall
March 9th 08, 01:30 AM
eatfastnoodle > wrote:

:On Mar 7, 11:39*pm, wrote:
:> See:
:>
:> http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/UCAS03078.xm...
:
:So is Navy's goal realistic?
:

If you're not going to quote the entire URL, don't bother asking
questions about it.

I don't know why it wouldn't be realistic. That's 17 years away. It
wouldn't surprise me if the Navy got these before they see JSF.

I thought UCAS was cancelled last year, though.

--George Bernard Shaw

Fred J. McCall
March 9th 08, 01:38 AM
"David E. Powell" > wrote:

:On Mar 8, 3:51*pm, eatfastnoodle > wrote:
:> On Mar 7, 11:39*pm, wrote:
:>
:> > See:
:>
:> >http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/UCAS03078.xm...
:>
:> So is Navy's goal realistic?
:
:The craft pictured looks like A-12. Or a navalized B2.
:

The craft pictured look like the craft developed under the J-UCAS
program. This shouldn't be surprising, since that's undoubtedly where
they got it from.

-- Thomas Jefferson

March 11th 08, 03:52 PM
According to:

http://www.dnmgconferences.com/dubaiconf/3175224.html

"In the 29,047 strike sorties flown in the last year by U.S.
Air Force planes over Iraq and Afghanistan, the gun was
the weapon of choice in more than 25 percent of
engagements,"

I wonder if there are any plans to fit the UCAV with a gun.

Google