PDA

View Full Version : MSFS2004 question

Dick[_1_]
March 13th 08, 01:01 PM
where can I get the steps involved with putting a zipped 601hd flight sim
download to my MSFS 2004? thanks.

Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]
March 13th 08, 01:17 PM
Dick wrote:
> where can I get the steps involved with putting a zipped 601hd flight sim
> download to my MSFS 2004? thanks.

One of the flight sim newsgroups.

March 13th 08, 05:46 PM
On Mar 13, 8:01*am, "Dick" > wrote:
> where can I get the steps involved with putting a zipped 601hd flight sim
> download to my MSFS 2004? thanks.

www.zenithair.com has a link to flight sim downloads of the 601. It's
a pretty fun little sim plane that "handles" well in the simulator,
ie, is not twitchy or weird or otherwise hard to control with a
joystick/rudder pedals.

jan olieslagers[_2_]
March 13th 08, 06:18 PM
schreef:
> On Mar 13, 8:01 am, "Dick" > wrote:
>> where can I get the steps involved with putting a zipped 601hd flight sim
>> download to my MSFS 2004? thanks.
>
> www.zenithair.com has a link to flight sim downloads of the 601. It's
> a pretty fun little sim plane that "handles" well in the simulator,
> ie, is not twitchy or weird or otherwise hard to control with a
> joystick/rudder pedals.

I think that's not really an answer to the question.
As I read the original post, it seems that one of these files has been
downloaded, but that now the O/P is unsure how to install it.

My answer: most of these files are compressed archives. Uncompress it,
then check for a README file or such. Often, there is a directory
"CH601" (or whatever) in the archive, that you can simply drag and drop
into place in your FS directory tree. No other action is required.
If the designer created a separate instrument panel, it may be necessary
to copy some files into the GAUGES directory.

Good luck!

Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]
March 13th 08, 09:45 PM
wrote:
> On Mar 13, 8:01 am, "Dick" > wrote:
>> where can I get the steps involved with putting a zipped 601hd flight sim
>> download to my MSFS 2004? thanks.
>
> www.zenithair.com has a link to flight sim downloads of the 601. It's
> a pretty fun little sim plane that "handles" well in the simulator,
> ie, is not twitchy or weird or otherwise hard to control with a
> joystick/rudder pedals.

There's one problem with that sim model of the 601XL that is on Zenith's
site. If you stall it the engine stops running.

God I hope the real one doesn't do that but if it does I will let you
know. :)

Ron Wanttaja
March 14th 08, 01:35 AM
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:18:19 +0000, jan olieslagers
> wrote:

> schreef:
> > On Mar 13, 8:01 am, "Dick" > wrote:
> >> where can I get the steps involved with putting a zipped 601hd flight sim
> >> download to my MSFS 2004? thanks.
>
> My answer: most of these files are compressed archives. Uncompress it,
> then check for a README file or such. Often, there is a directory
> "CH601" (or whatever) in the archive, that you can simply drag and drop
> into place in your FS directory tree. No other action is required.
> If the designer created a separate instrument panel, it may be necessary
> to copy some files into the GAUGES directory.

A mistake a lot of people make is to open the zipped file and drag files out of
it. If you run the Extract function, it should re-create the file structure.
You can then just transfer the whole structure to the "Aircraft" folder in MSFS.

I talk about the process on the page with my Fly Baby simulator page...

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/MSFS/index.html

....go to the section called "Downloading the Model."

Ron Wanttaja

Google