PDA

View Full Version : USN Hornet Shortfall Poised To Triple

March 19th 08, 03:28 AM
See:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/Hornet03188.xml&headline=USN%20Hornet%20Shortfall%20Poised%20To%20 Triple&channel=defense

Time to buy more Super Hornets? Push for earlier production of
the Navy's version of JSF? Or something else?

hcobb
March 19th 08, 04:29 AM
On Mar 18, 8:28 pm, wrote:
> See:
>
> http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/Hornet03188....
>
> Time to buy more Super Hornets? Push for earlier production of
> the Navy's version of JSF? Or something else?

Sure.

Unlike the F-22, the Super Hornet has an available export market where
they can be sold as F-35C production kicks in.

-HJC

Mr.Smartypants
March 19th 08, 09:02 AM
On Mar 18, 8:28*pm, wrote:
> See:
>
> http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/Hornet03188....
>
> Time to buy more Super Hornets? *Push for earlier production of
> the Navy's version of JSF? Or something else?

How about disarming and quit ****ing with other peoples' nations?

Tiger
March 19th 08, 10:14 PM
Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> On Mar 18, 8:28 pm, wrote:
>
>>See:
>>
>>http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/Hornet03188....
>>
>>Time to buy more Super Hornets? Push for earlier production of
>>the Navy's version of JSF? Or something else?
>

> How about disarming and quit ****ing with other peoples' nations?

How noble, yet clueless. Disarm? We tried that last century. It lead to
WW2. "****ing with other nations?" Well till they buid a Great Wall of
the USA and end all trade & travel, we have a interest in what goes on
pass the 12 mile limit. If you wish to be a sheeple go ahead. But a
disarmed sheeple winds up Dead, as a chop next to the mac & cheese.

David Nicholls
March 21st 08, 08:56 AM
"Tiger" > wrote in message
> Mr.Smartypants wrote:
>> On Mar 18, 8:28 pm, wrote:
>>
>>>See:
>>>
>>>http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/Hornet03188....
>>>
>>>Time to buy more Super Hornets? Push for earlier production of
>>>the Navy's version of JSF? Or something else?
>>

>> How about disarming and quit ****ing with other peoples' nations?
>>

> How noble, yet clueless. Disarm? We tried that last century. It lead to
> WW2. "****ing with other nations?" Well till they buid a Great Wall of the
> USA and end all trade & travel, we have a interest in what goes on pass
> the 12 mile limit. If you wish to be a sheeple go ahead. But a disarmed
> sheeple winds up Dead, as a chop next to the mac & cheese.

Is it not a function of degree? At present the US accounts for some 50% of
ALL world military expenditure. The question is whether the current force
level is appropriate and whether it is not driving an opposing build program
by others. A good example is the ABM system which, in part, is causing the
Chinese to move from their historic "minimum" ICBM fleet (about 20) to an
expansion including credible SLBM program.

David

Google