PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels back in Pensacola - practice session - sometimes no one is in focus

Pensacola Beachcomber
March 23rd 08, 04:29 PM

Indrek Aavisto
March 23rd 08, 04:51 PM
Exquisite timing, though.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Alan Erskine[_3_]
March 23rd 08, 05:23 PM
"Pensacola Beachcomber" > wrote in
message ...

The new F-36 Hyper Hornet? ;-)

Jack G[_2_]
March 23rd 08, 07:06 PM
With 180 degree Thrust Vectoring... Great shot by the way!

Jack G.

"Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> "Pensacola Beachcomber" > wrote
> in
> message ...
>
> The new F-36 Hyper Hornet? ;-)

Pensacola Beachcomber
March 23rd 08, 09:26 PM
Actually, I wish both aircraft had been in focus. I was using the depth of
field technique where I locked the focus on one subject by pressing the
shutter button halfway. Then, I repositioned my camera to put both subjects
in view before gently pressing the button completely down.
(The above is humor.)
Sometimes a fuzzy image looks good. I'm going to keep it and maybe sell it
to charlatan eye doctors who want to make lots of money giving bogus eye
exams and then selling the patients spectacles (eye glasses) they don't
need, Tom

"Jack G" > wrote in message
> With 180 degree Thrust Vectoring... Great shot by the way!
>
> Jack G.
>
> "Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
>> "Pensacola Beachcomber" > wrote
>> in
>> message ...
>>
>> The new F-36 Hyper Hornet? ;-)

J.F.
March 23rd 08, 09:42 PM
Great pics! What kind of photo equipment are you using?

"Indrek Aavisto" > wrote in message
> Exquisite timing, though.
>
> Thanks for posting.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Indrek Aavisto
>
> --
> Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Pensacola Beachcomber
March 24th 08, 02:18 AM
Equipment in use: a Canon 30D with a Canon 100-400 USM lens (f 4.5-5.6). I
use the Canon DPP software to "process" the image. To put it into a smaller
size (600X800) for the newsgroup I sent it via some old Nikon software that
came with my Coolpix about five years ago. The place where I stand for the
Blue Angel practice sessions is the western end of the field behind the
National Naval Aviation Museum. During most practices volunteers from the
museum are there to maintain crowd control and explain the maneuvers.
Without the volunteers there would be no access to the field. We all owe
them a big debt of gratitude, Tom

"J.F." > wrote in message
> Great pics! What kind of photo equipment are you using?
>
> "Indrek Aavisto" > wrote in message
>> Exquisite timing, though.
>>
>> Thanks for posting.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Indrek Aavisto
>>
>> --
>> Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Google