PDA

View Full Version : Skydiver NMAC

Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]
March 26th 08, 12:47 PM
A short video clip showing a near collision between a skydiver and a
light single was just shown on "Fox & Friends". The airplane looked
like a Navion with the gear extended, but it went by rather quickly.
Anyone have any additional information on this?

Ron Wanttaja
March 26th 08, 01:16 PM
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 05:47:22 -0700 (PDT), "Steven P. McNicoll"
> wrote:

> A short video clip showing a near collision between a skydiver and a
> light single was just shown on "Fox & Friends". The airplane looked
> like a Navion with the gear extended, but it went by rather quickly.
> Anyone have any additional information on this?

Believe that was in the UK, with the airplane being a DH Chipmunk....

Ron Wanttaja

Ron Natalie
March 27th 08, 03:17 AM
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
> A short video clip showing a near collision between a skydiver and a
> light single was just shown on "Fox & Friends". The airplane looked
> like a Navion with the gear extended, but it went by rather quickly.
> Anyone have any additional information on this?

Haven't heard anything on the Navion forums. We're off topic all over
the place over there, so if it happened to one of us I'd expect to hear
about it.

muff528
March 27th 08, 03:48 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
>A short video clip showing a near collision between a skydiver and a
> light single was just shown on "Fox & Friends". The airplane looked
> like a Navion with the gear extended, but it went by rather quickly.
> Anyone have any additional information on this?

Is this it? This clip has been floating around a few years and was discussed
on this forum a couple of years ago.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1133766000/Almost_Hit_by_an_Airplane

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
March 27th 08, 05:35 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in news:5c319367-d032-
:

> A short video clip showing a near collision between a skydiver and a
> light single was just shown on "Fox & Friends". The airplane looked
> like a Navion with the gear extended, but it went by rather quickly.
> Anyone have any additional information on this?

It's a Chipmunk, allright.

Bertie

Ron Natalie
March 27th 08, 10:12 AM
muff528 wrote:
> "Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
>> A short video clip showing a near collision between a skydiver and a
>> light single was just shown on "Fox & Friends". The airplane looked
>> like a Navion with the gear extended, but it went by rather quickly.
>> Anyone have any additional information on this?
>

> Is this it? This clip has been floating around a few years and was discussed
> on this forum a couple of years ago.
>
> http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1133766000/Almost_Hit_by_an_Airplane

Yeah I can see how you might think that is a navion, but if you pause it
when it is at it's closest to the divers feet, it's pretty clear it's
not. Could be a chipmunk.

Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]
March 27th 08, 10:43 AM
On Mar 26, 10:48 pm, "muff528" > wrote:

> Is this it? This clip has been floating around a few years and was discussed
> on this forum a couple of years ago.
>
> http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1133766000/Almost_Hit_by_an_Airplane

Yes, that's it. I hadn't seen it before.

Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]
March 27th 08, 10:45 AM
On Mar 27, 5:12 am, Ron Natalie > wrote:

> Yeah I can see how you might think that is a navion, but if you pause it
> when it is at it's closest to the divers feet, it's pretty clear it's
> not.

I couldn't pause the TV.

Larry Dighera
March 27th 08, 03:04 PM
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 03:45:48 -0700 (PDT), "Steven P. McNicoll"
> wrote:

>I couldn't pause the TV.

It's time you took the plunge, and got TiVo: http://www.tivo.com/

Google