PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to buy: LNAV

March 28th 08, 01:48 AM
My LNAV flaked out and Cambridge no longer will repair them (see their
email below), so I'm looking for a used one to replace mine. I hate to
buy another orphan, but suspect this will bring prices down and it's
the fastest way to get flying again.

This policy is a brand new one -- I shipped this unit back to
Cambridge two weeks ago and they did try to repair it, but found
nothing wrong on the bench, but it was worse when I reinstalled it
than before. Before only the g-meter was bad, now it also sometimes
reads 25 kts (not a misprint!) down on the averager in level flight
when it should be reading more like 2 kts down.

I can be contacted at hellman AT stanford.edu, or "reply to author"
should work. Thanks.

Martin

=== begin Cambridge email of 26 MARCH ===
Gary resigned his position as Technical Support Engineer as of
March 20, 2008, to pursue other employment opportunities.
Unfortunately
this means we can offer only technical support for the Cambridge line
of
products which are currently in production. Inquiries and repair
requests
relating to the older, out-of-production units can be directed to our
Cambridge service dealer in Great Britain, Dickie Feakes. His contact
information is available on our website at www.cambridge-aero,com.
Please
let us know if we can be of assistance in any other way.

Paul Remde
March 28th 08, 12:46 PM
Hi,

As a Cambridge dealer I'm sure the note below sounds very bad for US
customers, but I recommend that you all be patient. A very good company is
working to buy Cambridge and I am optimistic that it will go through soon.
It is my understanding that the plan is to then hire Gary Kammerer - which
would be great.

If you can't wait, then I can highly recommend Dickie Feakes in the UK for
support for Cambridge GPS-NAV units.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

> wrote in message
> My LNAV flaked out and Cambridge no longer will repair them (see their
> email below), so I'm looking for a used one to replace mine. I hate to
> buy another orphan, but suspect this will bring prices down and it's
> the fastest way to get flying again.
>
> This policy is a brand new one -- I shipped this unit back to
> Cambridge two weeks ago and they did try to repair it, but found
> nothing wrong on the bench, but it was worse when I reinstalled it
> than before. Before only the g-meter was bad, now it also sometimes
> reads 25 kts (not a misprint!) down on the averager in level flight
> when it should be reading more like 2 kts down.
>
> I can be contacted at hellman AT stanford.edu, or "reply to author"
> should work. Thanks.
>
> Martin
>
> === begin Cambridge email of 26 MARCH ===
> Gary resigned his position as Technical Support Engineer as of
> March 20, 2008, to pursue other employment opportunities.
> Unfortunately
> this means we can offer only technical support for the Cambridge line
> of
> products which are currently in production. Inquiries and repair
> requests
> relating to the older, out-of-production units can be directed to our
> Cambridge service dealer in Great Britain, Dickie Feakes. His contact
> information is available on our website at www.cambridge-aero,com.
> Please
> let us know if we can be of assistance in any other way.

JS
March 28th 08, 05:54 PM
Thanks, Paul for enlightening us CAI owners.
Heard rumor of this, but didn't want to publish. I thought they'd
moved to a new location while Gary was working on my SNAV a while ago.
Jim
2x Mark IV, AU20, CNAV, 2x SNAV, LNAV, 2x GPS20 w/ Display, 2x 302 w/
303 owner at some point or other.

March 29th 08, 06:43 AM
On Mar 28, 5:46*am, "Paul Remde" > wrote:
> As a Cambridge dealer I'm sure the note below sounds very bad for US
> customers, but I recommend that you all be patient. *A very good company is
> working to buy Cambridge and I am optimistic that it will go through soon.
> It is my understanding that the plan is to then hire Gary Kammerer - which
> would be great.

Paul,

Thanks for that piece of hopeful news in what otherwise looked like a
very bleak landscape. Excellent service without having to ship to
Europe was one reason I bought the LNAV ten years ago. So the message
I copied above was a real downer for me -- on top of the unit not
working when I re-installed it. Hoping things get better.

BTW, I did find a used LNAV to buy so that part is taken care of.

Martin

Google