PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Jack's April Fools

Fox Two
April 1st 08, 06:10 PM
What's going on here??? Oh! April fools! Too funny!

Chris Fleming
F2

nimbusgb
April 1st 08, 07:14 PM
On 1 Apr, 18:10, Fox Two > wrote:
> What's going on here??? Oh! April fools! Too funny!
>
> Chris Fleming
> F2

The article on the BBC about the newly evolved sub-species of flight
capable penguins was really good. It had me fooled for about 3
seconds :)

Ian

April 1st 08, 08:18 PM
jack got me last year with that one. got me so good in fact that I
posted in his forum with a what the hell is going on?? message.

the problem was that the day was actually soarable and it was tough to
read the forecasts upside down!!

Fox Two wrote:
> What's going on here??? Oh! April fools! Too funny!
>
> Chris Fleming
> F2

ContestID67
April 3rd 08, 06:30 AM
Two year's ago one of our members (who will remain nameless as he is
now persona non-gata at the club) convinced everyone that there was a
group of heavy-hitter European glider pilots who were touring the US
and wanted to camp at our glider port. He wanted to have a barbeque
in their honor. He got EVERYONE with that one.

This year he had us going by saying that the EPA had dropped by and
found that our fuel dump was 10 feet too close to our creek and we had
to either move the fuel or the creek.

Last year I called the president of our club to tell him that during a
freak wind storm pulled the tie down stakes of our beloved 2-33 out
the ground and the ship was now a ball of aluminum, steel and fabric.
Sadly this was true but he was convinced I was pulling his leg. I
guess this stuff cuts both ways. Words to the wise - raise the tail
of your 2-33's that are tied out. The angle of attack of a 2-33 wing
is too great with its tail on the ground.

- John

user
April 5th 08, 03:55 PM
Best April Fools I heard this year was on NPR's Marketplace. An interview
with the IRS and why they were sending products rather than cash rebates to
taxpayers to be sure they didn't use the money to pay off debt, insted
focusing on stimulating the economy. Very well done.

"ContestID67" > wrote in message
> Two year's ago one of our members (who will remain nameless as he is
> now persona non-gata at the club) convinced everyone that there was a
> group of heavy-hitter European glider pilots who were touring the US
> and wanted to camp at our glider port. He wanted to have a barbeque
> in their honor. He got EVERYONE with that one.
>
> This year he had us going by saying that the EPA had dropped by and
> found that our fuel dump was 10 feet too close to our creek and we had
> to either move the fuel or the creek.
>
> Last year I called the president of our club to tell him that during a
> freak wind storm pulled the tie down stakes of our beloved 2-33 out
> the ground and the ship was now a ball of aluminum, steel and fabric.
> Sadly this was true but he was convinced I was pulling his leg. I
> guess this stuff cuts both ways. Words to the wise - raise the tail
> of your 2-33's that are tied out. The angle of attack of a 2-33 wing
> is too great with its tail on the ground.
>
> - John

Google