PDA

View Full Version : Diesel 182 Photos,

April 2nd 08, 01:08 AM
http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel/Folder%202/

Oh!!!

Dealers Description.... Draw Your Own Conclusions.

http://www.dieselairplanes.com/products.html

Current Available Products

Today, you can order from us an FAA-certified Cessna 182, completely
refurbished and converted with the SMA SR 305 diesel, opposite
cylinder turbo engine of 230 HP.

What you will get, within 3 months delivery time max., is:

1. A "better than new" plane: Corrosion inspection and treatment; new
paint (colors of your choice); new leather interior; full IFR avionics
with moving map Garmin GPS, Bendix NavCom and Auto-Pilot; various
Options including Glass Panel.

2. A better market value: Every pilot who has flown a Cessna diesel
knows that such a superior plane will be in very high demand as
credibility of diesel engine is building up fast.

3. The performance and safety of diesel airplane:

ü The Cessna 182 SMA cruises 10 knots faster at 12,000 ft. She burns
9 Gal/h (4 Gal/h less) at max. cruise speed, and, at best economy
speed, only 4 Gal/h, which means that, with adverse weather, you have
all the time in the world to fly to a remote alternate and can
virtually forget the fear of running out of fuel.

ü Thanks to using JetA fuel you can forget the fear of Fire On Board.

ü An exceptional Payload on shorter distances: Operating from a 5,000
ft high runway with partial fuel, 182 diesels already demonstrate a
better payload than a Cessna 206.

Morgans[_2_]
April 2nd 08, 07:15 AM
> wrote ...

http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel/Folder%202/

Dealers Description.... Draw Your Own Conclusions.

http://www.dieselairplanes.com/products.html

What a POS! It would take more than a bunch of clams, to make the clapped
out piece a pearl. Matter of fact, swine sounds more about like it.

You really going to get in that thing and fly it to Africa?

If that is what is wrong and is visable, what other things are cracked or
worse, that is not where you can see it?

My opinion is that you should reconsider putting your life into that
so-called better than new plane, for a trip across the ocean.
--
Jim in NC

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
April 2nd 08, 03:02 PM
"Morgans" > wrote in
:

> > wrote ...
>
> http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel/Folder%202/
>
> Dealers Description.... Draw Your Own Conclusions.
>
> http://www.dieselairplanes.com/products.html
>
> What a POS! It would take more than a bunch of clams, to make the
> clapped out piece a pearl. Matter of fact, swine sounds more about
> like it.
>
> You really going to get in that thing and fly it to Africa?
>
> If that is what is wrong and is visable, what other things are cracked
> or worse, that is not where you can see it?
>
> My opinion is that you should reconsider putting your life into that
> so-called better than new plane, for a trip across the ocean.

I have to say, I'd be more than a bit nervous about taking one anywhere
I couldn't glide into and walk away from.

Bertie

Jay Honeck[_2_]
April 2nd 08, 03:27 PM
> http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel/Folder%202/

Wow -- I wouldn't fly that plane to Iowa, let alone to Africa!

Honestly, if I were you I'd walk away from this one. Instead, snag another
brand new SR-22 from Duluth and c'mon down -- we'll have a few cold ones
with Montblack.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
April 2nd 08, 03:30 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in

>> http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel/Folder%202/
>
> Wow -- I wouldn't fly that plane to Iowa, let alone to Africa!
>
> Honestly, if I were you I'd walk away from this one. Instead, snag
> another brand new SR-22 from Duluth and c'mon down -- we'll have a few
> cold ones with Montblack.

How about if he buys an engine analyzer from Pepe bois?

Bertie

RL Anderson
April 2nd 08, 04:08 PM
wrote:
> http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel/Folder%202/

[Snip]

Steve,

Was looking at the sticker you shot and it appears that this 182 has had
some service at the airport in Dortmund Germany. My German is very
rusty and I'll yield to any other German speaker/reader in the group. I
have not found any info on the company, so I'm not able to get an idea
of what kind of service this airplane has received. After looking at
your pics, I agree that this bird is a POS.

Rick

Dan[_1_]
April 3rd 08, 03:11 AM
On Apr 1, 5:08*pm, wrote:
> http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel/Folder%202/
>
> Oh!!!
>
> Dealers Description.... Draw Your Own Conclusions.
>
> http://www.dieselairplanes.com/products.html
>
> Current Available Products
>
> Today, you can order from us an FAA-certified Cessna 182, completely
> refurbished and converted with the SMA SR 305 diesel, opposite

Are you going to fly this thing...?

--Dan

April 3rd 08, 06:45 AM
On Apr 2, 7:11 pm, Dan > wrote:
> On Apr 1, 5:08 pm, wrote:>http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel/Folder%202/
>
> > Oh!!!
>
> > Dealers Description.... Draw Your Own Conclusions.
>
> >http://www.dieselairplanes.com/products.html
>
> > Current Available Products
>
> > Today, you can order from us an FAA-certified Cessna 182, completely
> > refurbished and converted with the SMA SR 305 diesel, opposite

> Are you going to fly this thing...?
>
> --Dan

Been flying it untill i seen the prop hub!! Have put little over 30
hours on it.

Will upload the soot photos tonight.

April 3rd 08, 10:09 PM
Also look at their, News Page...

http://www.dieselairplanes.com/news.html

"Your plane will look as good as a new plane: After a full corrosion
inspection, it receives a new paint, a new interior and trims, the
avionics of your choice, and new, simplified instruments and controls
as per the SMA kit. "

All the Gyros and Most instruments in this Airplane are Old!!!!

Guys like this give aviation a bad name!

I will see about uploading more and more photos.

Eze[_2_]
April 4th 08, 12:39 AM
wrote:
> Also look at their, News Page...
>
> http://www.dieselairplanes.com/news.html
>
> "Your plane will look as good as a new plane: After a full corrosion
> inspection, it receives a new paint, a new interior and trims, the
> avionics of your choice, and new, simplified instruments and controls
> as per the SMA kit. "
>
> All the Gyros and Most instruments in this Airplane are Old!!!!
>
> Guys like this give aviation a bad name!
>
> I will see about uploading more and more photos.

It says: "Your plane". Unless the airplane shown is yours and they
forgot to fit the promised new instruments there's no reason to jump to
conclusions.

Great engine, but what is bad about SMA are their prices, typically
French, way too high. I'll wait some for the Deltahawk engine...

Google