PDA

View Full Version : Re: Idiot Pilot Runs Out of Gas - Lands Cessna on I-81 - CAN'T BECHARGED!!

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
April 3rd 08, 09:48 PM
Bob F. wrote:

> "_ Prof. Jonez _" > wrote in message
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>> http://www.nbc4.com/news/15781391/detail.html
>>>
>>> Plane Lands On I-81
>>>
>>> POSTED: 9:20 am EDT April 3, 2008
>>>
>>> Plenty of vehicles run out of gas on Interstate 81, but not many
>>> airplanes.
>>>
>>> Virginia State Police said a student pilot on his first solo flight
>>> was heading back to Virginia Highlands Airport from Knoxville, Tenn.,
>>> Wednesday afternoon when the plane ran out of fuel.
>>>
>>> The pilot, Matthew Edward Scott, 27, of Blountville, Tenn., made an
>>> emergency landing on I-81 within sight of the airport in Abingdon.
>>>
>>> Sgt. Danny Glick commended the pilot for landing with the traffic
>>> flow so no vehicles were hit during the landing. He said Scott was
>>> not injured and will not face charges.
>>>
>>> Airport staff brought fuel to the disabled Cessna and troopers
>>> briefly shut down southbound I-81 while the plane taxied to the
>>> airport.
>>>

>>> --------------------
>>>
>>> This nut could have easily killed a lot of people due to his own
>>> negligence. This is a lot worse than drunk driving but the cops pat
>>> him on the back and say forget it!!!
>>
>> What charges could they legally bring, being the FAA has sole
>> jurisdiction
>> over aircraft in the U$A?
>
> The states also have jurisdiction. I've had to register my plane in
> several states, had to pay state taxes and I was also subject to local
> governement laws. I was also forced to register myself in each state.

Don't know if you remember this, but years ago, there was a movement in
Maryland to have every pilot who flew within the state issued a
"Maryland State Pilot's Licence" with an appropriate fee involved of
course :-) I avoided it by ignoring it. I believe it eventually died
down and was never actually enacted by the State Legislature.

--
Dudley Henriques

April 3rd 08, 10:18 PM
On Apr 3, 1:48 pm, Dudley Henriques > wrote:
> Bob F. wrote:

> >> What charges could they legally bring, being the FAA has sole
> >> jurisdiction
> >> over aircraft in the U$A?
>
> > The states also have jurisdiction. I've had to register my plane in
> > several states, had to pay state taxes and I was also subject to local
> > governement laws. I was also forced to register myself in each state.
>
> Don't know if you remember this, but years ago, there was a movement in
> Maryland to have every pilot who flew within the state issued a
> "Maryland State Pilot's Licence" with an appropriate fee involved of
> course :-) I avoided it by ignoring it. I believe it eventually died
> down and was never actually enacted by the State Legislature.
>
> --
> Dudley Henriques

Wold like to see a state examiner i would guess a 300lb former life
long welfare recipient with BO and smalls like cigarettes and deny you
because they cannot sit in the Cessna 150/2 or fit the seat belt of
most ga aircraft. hahahaha...

Google