PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge data port pins

Andy[_1_]
April 6th 08, 05:07 AM
Can someone please point me to the connector pin specifications for
the cannon D connectors on the 302 and the mode 25 GPS NAV. I'd
like to find out if the Cannon D sub connector on the 302 has the same
pin specification as the GPS NAV. I could not find the info in my
manuals or on the Cambridge site.

My 302 has stopped communicating with both my Aero 1500 PDAs and I
want to substitute a different cable for trouble shooting. I have a
PDA cable for the GPS NAV but don't know if it is compatible with the
302.

thanks

Andy

Gary Emerson
April 6th 08, 01:48 PM
you can move your cable over. They are the same

Andy wrote:
> Can someone please point me to the connector pin specifications for
> the cannon D connectors on the 302 and the mode 25 GPS NAV. I'd
> like to find out if the Cannon D sub connector on the 302 has the same
> pin specification as the GPS NAV. I could not find the info in my
> manuals or on the Cambridge site.
>
> My 302 has stopped communicating with both my Aero 1500 PDAs and I
> want to substitute a different cable for trouble shooting. I have a
> PDA cable for the GPS NAV but don't know if it is compatible with the
> 302.
>
> thanks
>
> Andy

Andy[_1_]
April 6th 08, 03:27 PM
On Apr 6, 5:48*am, Gary Emerson > wrote:
> you can move your cable over. *They are the same

Thanks.

I eventually found the glide nav PDA cable pinout and also found that
Cumulus Soaring shows the same cable part number for both units.
Seemed logical they would be the same but better safe than sorry.

Andy

Tim Mara
April 6th 08, 05:33 PM
there is a pin-out diagram and kit for making your own cable on my website
page http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page11.htm
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"Andy" > wrote in message
> Can someone please point me to the connector pin specifications for
> the cannon D connectors on the 302 and the mode 25 GPS NAV. I'd
> like to find out if the Cannon D sub connector on the 302 has the same
> pin specification as the GPS NAV. I could not find the info in my
> manuals or on the Cambridge site.
>
> My 302 has stopped communicating with both my Aero 1500 PDAs and I
> want to substitute a different cable for trouble shooting. I have a
> PDA cable for the GPS NAV but don't know if it is compatible with the
> 302.
>
> thanks
>
> Andy

Andy[_1_]
April 7th 08, 05:11 AM
On Apr 6, 9:33*am, "Tim Mara" > wrote:
> there is a pin-out diagram and kit for making your own cable on my website
> pagehttp://www.wingsandwheels.com/page11.htm

It turned out that my problem was not the cables, or the PDA, or the
302. Just another one of those inexplicable incompatibilities of the
Cambridge PDA utility. Attempting to download either of my flights
from April 5 will cause the utility to exit and lockup the 302 so it
does not transmit GPS data. Downloading any other flights stored in
the 302 works just fine. Cycling 302 power restores normal operation
as long as those 2 flights are not selected for download. Same effect
seen with 2 different PDAs and 2 different cables, and is repeatable
but not 100%. I did get lucky, but only once, and was able to
transfer the flight logs.

Andy

Google