PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hand controls (rudder) for Grob Twin II

YFCpilots
April 6th 08, 02:59 PM
Please, if you have any information on who to speak with regarding,
STC infromation, drawings, parts or a complete set of hand controls
(for rudder control) for a Grob 103 Twin II could you get in touch
with me? Freedoms Wings in Canada is about to purchase a G103 Twin II
for our paraplegic gliding program and we need to come up with a new
set of hand controls for our second glider. Any help would be most
appreciated.

647.346.7259

Bob Kuykendall
April 6th 08, 04:00 PM
On Apr 6, 6:59*am, YFCpilots > wrote:
>...we need to come up with a new set of hand controls
> for our second glider...

I'd be inclined to just copy what's in the first glider. Is there some
reason that's not an option?

Thanks, Bob K.

Bill Daniels
April 6th 08, 04:50 PM
Mile High Gliding in Boulder, Colorado has a G103 Twin III with hand
controls. I think the II & III have the same cockpit. Most likely, they
will have the information you need.

As an aside, to instruct Paraplegics in the glider I had to learn to fly it
with the hand controls. It wasn't bad at all. After 5 or 10 minutes of
wobbling I got the hang of it. The biggest hassle was on landing when I had
to select spoiler detents so my left hand could be on the rudder control.

Bill D

"YFCpilots" > wrote in message
> Please, if you have any information on who to speak with regarding,
> STC infromation, drawings, parts or a complete set of hand controls
> (for rudder control) for a Grob 103 Twin II could you get in touch
> with me? Freedoms Wings in Canada is about to purchase a G103 Twin II
> for our paraplegic gliding program and we need to come up with a new
> set of hand controls for our second glider. Any help would be most
> appreciated.
>

> 647.346.7259

RL
April 7th 08, 01:08 AM
Several years ago Philadelphia Glider Council bought a G-103 Twin II
with hand controls. We reconfigured it the original spec and gave the
hand controls to Charlie Minner. You might check with Charlie to see
what has become of the hardware.

Bob Lacovara
PGC

Google