PDA

View Full Version : Historic Military Airplanes Flyover Washington, D.C. April 10, at 1:15 p.m.

Larry Dighera
April 8th 08, 01:54 AM
WASHINGTON, D.C., April 07, 2008 -- The Boeing Company today announced
that it is sponsoring a flyover of four historic military airplanes in
honor of U.S. airmen who died during World War II and in subsequent
conflicts.

The event will take place on Thursday, April 10, at 1:15 p.m. The
airplanes will take off from Andrews Air Force Base, will cross the
airspace around Ronald Reagan National Airport (which will close
briefly to accommodate the event) and will circle the Air Force
Memorial before returning to Andrews. Spectators will be able to view
the flyover from the grounds of the memorial (accessed by car via
I-395 and Columbia Pike) as well as from multiple points along the
Potomac River in Arlington and Washington, D.C.

The American Air Museum (AAM) in Duxford, England, organized the
flyover, which features a B-17 Flying Fortress (made by Boeing), a
P-51D Mustang (made by North American Aviation, now a part of Boeing),
a P-40 Kittyhawk (made by Curtiss Wright), and a Spitfire (made by
Vickers Armstrong).

Air Chief Marshal Sir Peter Squire, president of the AAM and chairman
of the Imperial War Museum in the United Kingdom, will preside over
the event and pay tribute to the thousands of airmen who sacrificed
their lives in defense of freedom. Joining him for the ceremony at the
memorial will be former British Prime Minister (and honored guest) Sir
John Major; Lt. Gen. John Bradley, commander, U.S. Air Force Reserve
Command; and Richard Ashton, executive vice president, AAM.

###

Jay Honeck[_2_]
April 8th 08, 03:11 AM
> The event will take place on Thursday, April 10, at 1:15 p.m.

Is there some significance to this date/time?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Larry Dighera
April 8th 08, 03:23 AM
On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 02:11:45 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
> wrote:

>> The event will take place on Thursday, April 10, at 1:15 p.m.
>
>Is there some significance to this date/time?

I wasn't able to find ANYTHING on the flyover on the museum web site:
http://aam.iwm.org.uk/

Larry Dighera
April 8th 08, 04:27 AM
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:27:39 -0400, Margy Natalie >
wrote:

>Larry Dighera wrote:

>>>Is there some significance to this date/time?
>>

>> I wasn't able to find ANYTHING on the flyover on the museum web site:
>> http://aam.iwm.org.uk/
>But it is on the Boeing site
>http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2008/q2/080407b_nr.html
>
>and I have to be at a training session nearby from 0830 - 12 with my
>boss, I think we might have to have lunch :-).
>
>Margy

Bring your digital camera, and put the shots on a server. :)

Margy Natalie
April 8th 08, 04:27 AM
Larry Dighera wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 02:11:45 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
> > wrote:
>

>>>The event will take place on Thursday, April 10, at 1:15 p.m.
>>
>>Is there some significance to this date/time?
>

> I wasn't able to find ANYTHING on the flyover on the museum web site:
> http://aam.iwm.org.uk/
But it is on the Boeing site
http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2008/q2/080407b_nr.html

and I have to be at a training session nearby from 0830 - 12 with my
boss, I think we might have to have lunch :-).

Margy

Margy Natalie
April 9th 08, 02:54 AM

> Bring your digital camera, and put the shots on a server. :)

If we manage to get there I'll be sure to rememer my camera.

Google