PDA

View Full Version : Bombs Away, pt 5 - bombsaway.jpg (1/1)

Mitchell Holman
April 8th 08, 01:35 PM

RVB[_3_]
April 8th 08, 10:59 PM
Any idea of this town ?
Thanks.

RVB - www.cocardes.com
Aviation & Maquettisme
Aviation Photo

Mitchell Holman
April 9th 08, 01:41 AM
RVB > wrote in news:mn.459f7d84e2a87862.87028
@m.gmail.com:

> Any idea of this town ?
> Thanks.

Berlin, IIRC

April 9th 08, 07:29 AM
On 8-Apr-2008, Mitchell Holman > wrote:

> Berlin, IIRC

Must have been tward the end of the War. very few buildings have roofs.

carsten sukatsch
April 9th 08, 06:25 PM
Hello -

>> Any idea of this town ?
>> Thanks.
>
> Berlin, IIRC

Well, after some looking around with google maps I found
those coordinates:

48°54'15.07"N 2°16'56.79"O

Which gives a quite good resamblance to the bridges, island and
railways. It's not Berlin, somewhat more in the west, in France.

Maybe someone finds a better point?

carsten

Ron
April 10th 08, 07:36 PM
"carsten sukatsch" > wrote in message
> Hello -
>

>>> Any idea of this town ?
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> Berlin, IIRC
>>

> Well, after some looking around with google maps I found
> those coordinates:
>
> 48°54'15.07"N 2°16'56.79"O
>
> Which gives a quite good resamblance to the bridges, island and
> railways. It's not Berlin, somewhat more in the west, in France.
>
> Maybe someone finds a better point?
>
> carsten

I was going to say north of the Ille de la Citée in Paris. That should be
the Louvre museum on the left then.

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

RVB[_3_]
April 11th 08, 02:37 PM
> I was going to say north of the Ille de la Citée in Paris. That should be the
> Louvre museum on the left then.
>
> Ron

That's what I thought (I'm French and I passed above Paris several
times) but I didn't know a such important bombing raid over Paris
during WWII.

RVB - www.cocardes.com
Aviation & Maquettisme
Aviation Photo

RVB[_3_]
April 11th 08, 02:38 PM
Yes, I think so too...

RVB - www.cocardes.com
Aviation & Maquettisme
Aviation Photo

RVB[_3_]
April 11th 08, 02:39 PM
Paris, I think too...

RVB - www.cocardes.com
Aviation & Maquettisme
Aviation Photo

John Szalay
April 11th 08, 03:53 PM
Mitchell Holman > wrote in
:

RVB[_3_]
April 11th 08, 09:22 PM
> Paris and IF the railroad ran the same way as it does now,
> the aiming point appears to be the rail intersection east of
> Courbevoie

no doubt you're just right !
thanks for this evidence

RVB - www.cocardes.com