PDA

View Full Version : News story about reduction if GA flying (from NC)

Tina
April 15th 08, 05:17 PM
Here's something most of you already know.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/growth/traffic/gas/story/1037551.html

GA flying is way down in the southeast.

Jay Honeck[_2_]
April 16th 08, 04:21 PM
> GA flying is way down in the southeast.

It's down here, too. Our last fly-in guest at our aviation themed hotel was
a week ago. Normally we see a dramatic up-tick in fly-in guests in April,
but not so far this year.

Part of this decline is due to the awful spring weather we've had -- much
colder than normal, with higher than normal precip -- but it's also because
people just aren't flying as much. Most of the flying I'm seeing at our
airport is pattern work, probably folks just trying to stay current without
spending too much money.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]
April 16th 08, 06:04 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in

>> GA flying is way down in the southeast.
>
> It's down here, too.

Probably because people know you're flying around with your eyes on your
nintendo set and your head up your ass.

Bertie

Google